Compendium of Chemical Terminology
The Compendium of Chemical Terminology is a book published by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) containing internationally accepted definitions for terms in chemistry. Work on the first edition was initiated by Victor Gold, hence its informal name, the Gold Book.
The first edition was published in 1987 (ISBN 0-63201-765-1) and the second edition (ISBN 0-86542-684-8), edited by A. D. McNaught and A. Wilkinson, was published in 1997. A slightly expanded version of the Gold Book is also freely searchable online. Translations have also been published in French, Spanish and Polish.
- IUPAC book
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry nomenclature
- Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry (the Blue Book)
- Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry (the Red Book)
- Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry (the Green Book)
- Compendium of Analytical Nomenclature (the Orange Book)