Communist Party of Nepal (2013)
The Communist Party of Nepal (Nepali: नेपाल कम्युनिष्ट पार्टी) is a political party in Nepal, founded in April 2013. The party was formed through the merger of Communist Party of Nepal (Unified), Communist Party of Nepal Marxist−Leninist (Samajbadi), Communist Party of Nepal (United Marxist), Marxist Communist Party of Nepal, Bidrohi ML and the Independent Thought Group. Rishi Kattel is the chairman of the party. Jagat Bahadur Bogati and Lok Narayan Subedi serve as co-chairs of the party, whilst Haridev Gyawali, Ram Bahadur Bhandari and Tanka Rai serve as vice-chairs.
In May 2013 the party was registered with the Election Commission of Nepal ahead of the 2013 Constituent Assembly election. It presented 60 candidates in FPTP constituencies. For the Proportional Representation vote the party submitted a list of 100 candidates, headed by Sita Subedi. The election symbol of the party is a hammer and hoe.
- "Nepal Communist Party formed". myRepublica.com. 2013-04-22. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- "New CPN party gets EC status". The Himalayan Times. 2013-05-24. Retrieved 2014-12-19.
- Nepal Law Society. Brief about the Election Update (4)
- Election Commission of Nepal. पहिलो हुने निर्वाचित हुने प्रणाली अन्तर्गतको दलगत उम्मेदवारको सुची
- Election Commission of Nepal. राजनैतिक दल / स्वतन्त्र अनुसार उम्मेदवारको संख्या
- Election Commission of Nepal. संबिधान सभाको समानुपातिक निर्वाचन प्रणालीको दलगत उम्मेदवारहरुको नामावली
- Election Commission of Nepal. संबिधानसभाको निर्वाचनको लागि मान्यता पाएका दलहरुको नाम तथा चिन्हहरु