Parkey at the 2015 Pro Bowl
|No. 3 Cleveland Browns|
|Date of birth:||February 19, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Jupiter, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||193 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Jupiter (FL)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2016|
Cody Parkey (born February 19, 1992) is an American football placekicker for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He played college football at Auburn.
In 2014, Parkey set a new NFL rookie scoring record. His 150 points broke Kevin Butler's 29-year-old record of 144 points set in 1985 with the Chicago Bears. Parkey tied with Stephen Gostkowski for the highest average of points scored per game in the 2014 NFL season. Parkey was named a first-alternative for the 2015 Pro Bowl. On January 18, 2015, Parkey replaced Gostkowski in the Pro Bowl.
On September 28, 2015, Parkey was placed on injured reserve with a groin injury.
On September 24, 2016, Parkey signed with the Cleveland Browns after an injury to Patrick Murray. In his first game against the Miami Dolphins he missed three field goal attempts, including a potential game-winning 46-yarder on the final play of regulation.
- Former Auburn kicker Cody Parkey signs with Indianapolis Colts
- Colts trade Cody Parkey to Eagles for David Fluellen
- Report: Eagles to keep kicker Cody Parkey
- Parkey breaks rookie scoring record
- Parkey headed to the Pro Bowl
- McPherson, Chris. "Eagles Trim Roster to 53 Players". PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
- "Browns sign K Cody Parkey". ClevelandBrowns.com.