Codex Hierosolymitanus (also called the Bryennios manuscript or the Jerusalem Codex, often designated simply "H" in scholarly discourse) is an 11th-century Greek manuscript, written by an otherwise unknown scribe named Leo, who dated it 1056. Its designation of "Jerusalem" recalls its resting place in Jerusalem, at the library of the monastery of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
The codex contains the Didache, the Epistle of Barnabas, the First Epistle of Clement and the Second Epistle of Clement, the long version of the letters of Ignatius of Antioch and a list of books of the Bible following the order of John Chrysostom. It was discovered in 1873 by Philotheos Bryennios, the metropolitan of Nicomedia, at Constantinople. He published the texts of the two familiar Epistles of Clement in 1875, overlooking the Didache, which he found when he returned to the manuscript.
Adolf Hilgenfeld used Codex Hierosolymitanus for his first printed edition of the previously all-but-unknown Didache in 1877.
- The Development of the Canon of the New Testament: Codex Hierosolymitanus
- The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge Bryennios, Philotheos