|Country||United States of America|
Today, the Clark Bar uses its original formula pioneered by Irish immigrant David L. Clark in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1917. It was acquired by Beatrice Foods in 1955, then Leaf in 1983. In late 1990, the manufacturer considered consolidating operations in Chicago, but the Pittsburgh area managed to retain the brand with the firm moving all operations from a Chicago's O'Hare suburb to the north side of Pittsburgh in the fall of 1991. In 1996 when Hershey acquired Leaf's North American operations, it became independent again with headquarters retained in Pittsburgh. It was bought by NECCO in 1999.
In 2016, the Clark Bar was part of a How It's Made episode.
- "City push is on to keep Clark Candy here", Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh, PA, p. 5, September 10, 1990
- Ranii, David (September 11, 1990), "RIDC stuck with Clark plant loans", Pittsburgh Press, Pittsburgh, PA, p. 5
- Pittsburgh’s Very Own, Vintage Clark Bar and Zagnut Bar at CandyFavorites.com candy blog
- DiscoveryGo LED Tubes, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, and Robotic Medication Dispensers