ClamWin running on Windows 7.
|Developer(s)||ClamWin Pty Ltd|
0.99 / January 17, 2016
|Written in||C++ and Python|
|Operating system||Windows 98 and newer|
|License||GNU General Public License|
- Scanning scheduler (only effective with user logged in).
- Automatic virus database updates on a regular basis.
- Standalone virus-scanner.
- Context menu integration for Windows Explorer.
- Add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
- A portable version that can be used from a USB flash drive.
ClamWin does not automatically scan files as they are read and written.
ClamWin has a virus database which is updated automatically when it detects connection to the Internet. A small balloon tip appears on the taskbar icon indicating completion status of the update process. It retries to establish connection with the server if it fails to download the updates first time.
Historically ClamWin has suffered from poor detection rates and its scans have been slow and less effective than some other antivirus programs. For example, ClamWin failed to detect almost half of the trojan horses, password stealers, and other malware in AV-TEST's "zoo" of malware samples.
On 6 September 2011 cNet gave ClamWin a rating of excellent, 4 of 5 stars.
- "About ClamWin Free Antivirus". ClamWin Pty Ltd. Retrieved 26 October 2011.
- dynclient (January 2010). "Clam Sentinel". Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "Winpooch". Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "ClamWin Free Antivirus (2009) - reviews - Security - PC World". Pcworld.idg.com.au. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "Security Central Channel". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "June 2008 comparison of effectiveness of antivirus programs". Virus.gr. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "2009-08, Virus.gr 10 August-05 September comparison of effectiveness of antivirus programs". Virus.gr. Archived from the original on 2011-01-06. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "ClamWin Antivirus". Download.cnet.com. 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Official website
- ClamWin on SourceForge.net
- ClamWin Portable – run ClamWin from a removable drive
- Clam Sentinel – an open source software project that adds real-time scanning to ClamWin on SourceForge.net
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ClamWin.|