Claire Rhiannon Holt|
11 June 1988
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Spouse(s)||Matt Kaplan (m. 2016)|
Claire Rhiannon Holt (born 11 June 1988) is an Australian actress, known for her roles as Emma Gilbert on the television show H2O: Just Add Water and Rebekah Mikaelson on The CW series The Vampire Diaries and its spin-off series The Originals.
Holt was born in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. She graduated from Stuartholme School in Toowong at the end of 2005. She is involved in several sports: swimming, volleyball, water polo, and Tae-Kwon-Do, in which she has a black belt. When she was younger, she was in the school choir.
In 2006, Holt won the role of Emma Gilbert in the Network Ten children's television series H2O: Just Add Water. The show has earned a Logie Award and Nickelodeon Australia Kids' Choice Award. While the series was renewed for a third series, Holt left the show after series two after signing on for the sequel to the 2007 film The Messengers, titled Messengers 2: The Scarecrow. Filming took place in Sofia throughout 2008. Starring alongside Norman Reedus and Heather Stephens, the film was released 21 July 2009 straight-to-DVD.
In addition to television and film roles, Holt has appeared in advertisements for Dreamworld, Sizzler, and Queensland Lifesaving. BuddyTV ranked her number 55 on its TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011 list.
In August 2011, Holt was confirmed to be in the TV series The Vampire Diaries as Rebekah. On 13 January 2013, The CW announced that Holt had joined the cast for the backdoor pilot of The Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals, where she reprised her role as Rebekah Mikaelson. She exited the show as a series regular in the sixteenth episode of the first season, which aired in the U.S. on 11 March 2014. Holt returned as Rebekah Mikaelson in the season one finale on 13 May 2014. She continued to guest star throughout the second season of The Originals.
|Messengers 2: The Scarecrow||2009||Rollins, LindsayLindsay Rollins|
|Blue Like Jazz||2012||Penny||Main role|
|In the Deep||2016||Kate|
|H2O: Just Add Water||2006–08||Gilbert, EmmaEmma Gilbert||Main role, 51 episodes|
|Mean Girls 2||2011||Meyer, ChastityChastity Meyer||Television film|
|Pretty Little Liars||2011||Cook, SamaraSamara Cook||Recurring role, 5 episodes|
|Vampire Diaries, TheThe Vampire Diaries||2011–14||Mikaelson, RebekahRebekah Mikaelson||Recurring role, 37 episodes|
|Originals, TheThe Originals||2013–present||Mikaelson, RebekahRebekah Mikaelson||27 episodes|
|Aquarius||2015–16||Tully, CharmainCharmain Tully||Main role, 22 episodes|
|"We Are Done"||2014||The Madden Brothers||Cameo|
Awards and nominations
|Teen Choice Awards||2014||Choice TV Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy||The Originals||Nominated|
- Guliadis, Theo (6 June 2013). "Happy Birthday Wishes for Claire Holt: Pictures and Fun Facts!". The Vampire Diaries. Alloy Entertainment. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Questions for Claire Holt (Emma Gilbert)". Boomerang Latin America. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Pretty Little Liars Cast - Claire Holt". ABC Family. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "H2O - Just Add Water: cast". AustralianTelevision.net. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Corinthios, Aurelie (14 July 2015). "Claire Holt Is Engaged! Check out the Aquarius Actress's Ring". People. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Former 'The Originals' star Claire Holt gets married". AOL.com. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011". BuddyTV. 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2012.
- Naoreen, Nuzhat (9 August 2011). "'Vampire Diaries' Casts Stefan's Ex: 5 Theories On Why She's Coming To Town". MTV.com. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Swift, Andy (13 February 2013). "'The Originals' Scoop: Claire Holt Joins The 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-Off". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- Wieselman, Jarett (11 March 2014). "Claire Holt Exits The Originals". Buzzfeed. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "FIRST WAVE OF "TEEN CHOICE 2014" NOMINEES ANNOUNCED". Teen Choice Awards. 18 June 2014. Archived from the original on 1 July 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Claire Holt.|