Christian Tychsen (Waffen-SS)
3 December 1910|
Flensburg, German Empire
28 July 1944(1944-07-28) (aged 33)|
Gavray, Occupied France
|Years of service||1931–44|
|Unit||2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Tychsen joined the SS in December 1931 and eventually served with the 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich during Operation Barbarossa. In April 1943 he was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. He was killed in Normandy on July 28, 1944 in an allied air strike. He is buried in the German War Cemetery in Basse-Normandie, France.
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (30 May 1940) & 1st Class (18 July 1940)
- German Cross in Gold on 13 May 1942 as SS-Hauptsturmführer in SS-Kradschützen-Bataillon
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 31 March 1943 as SS-Sturmbannführer and commander of the II./SS-Panzer-Regiment 2.
- 353rd Oak Leaves on 10 December 1943 as SS-Sturmbannführer and commander of the II./SS-Panzer-Regiment 2 "Das Reich"
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
SS-Gruppenführer Heinz Lammerding
|Commander of 2nd SS Division Das Reich
24 July 1944 – 28 July 1944
| Succeeded by|
SS-Brigadeführer Otto Baum
1Knight's Cross and Oak Leaves with the SS Division Totenkopf). 2Oak Leaves with the II SS Panzer Corps, Swords with the 7th Army. 3Oak Leaves with the XI SS Panzer Corps. 4Knight's Cross with the SS Polizei Division, Swords with the VI Waffen-SS Army Corps. 5Oak Leaves with the II SS Panzer Corps, Swords with the SS Division Florian Geyer. 6Swords with the SS Division Frundsberg. 7Oak Leaves with the SS Division Wiking, Swords with the III SS Panzer Corps. 8Oak Leaves with the SS Division Leibstandarte). 9Oak Leaves with the SS Division Prinz Eugen. 10Swords with the SS Division Hohenstaufen. 12Oak Leaves with the SS Division Nordland).