Choice City Rebels
|Metro area||Fort Collins, CO|
The league was founded in October 2009 by ten established skaters, who had previously played for FoCo Girls Gone Derby, and it held its first bout in December, against the Slaughterhouse Derby Girls. In 2011, it reached the final of the roller derby tournament at the Greeley Stampede, where it again faced the Slaughterhouse team.
Choice City was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in July 2010, and became a full member of the WFTDA in March 2011. At the end of 2012 Choice City refocused as a co-ed and banked track league.
- Asmar, Melanie. "Roller derby: New Fort Collins team, the Choice City Rebels, accepted into national derby league". Denver Westword. July 21, 2010. Retrieved December 3, 2014
- "Rebels roll out debut bout", Fort Collins Coloradoan, December 3, 2009
- Alexandra Pilarski, "Roller derby tournament brings a different look to Stampede", Greeley Tribune, July 3, 2011
- "WFTDA Apprentice Program welcomes 16 new leagues", 8 July 2010
- "WFTDA Welcomes 6 New Members", WFTDA, 1 March 2011
- "Flat Track Stats", accessed June 12, 2014