Children's Hospital Oakland
|Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland|
|Location||Oakland, California, United States|
|Coordinates||37°50′15″N 122°16′03″W / 37.837492°N 122.267484°W|
|Emergency department||Level I trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
Children's Hospital Oakland, full name UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland, is a children's hospital in Oakland, California. It is affiliated with UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco and is an American College of Surgeons or ACS designated a Level I pediatric trauma center. It has an affiliated research organization, the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute, or CHORI, and is involved in research and treatment for a variety of children's health issues, such as pediatric obesity, cancers, sickle cell disease, AIDS/HIV, hemophilia and cystic fibrosis.
Previously named Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland, the hospital was renamed in 2014 after affiliating with UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco. UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland is one of only five ACS Pediatric Level 1 trauma centers in California.
UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland is a teaching hospital with a 3-year Pediatrics residency program, currently employing 78 residents in total. It has attracted medical students from more than 40 schools, who train within the hospital as well as in a number of associated hospitals and clinics.
In addition to the Pediatrics residency program, UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland has accredited fellowship programs in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Infectious Disease, and Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine.
- "Designated trauma centers" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-06-29. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Children's Hospital Oakland new sickle cell research". Medical News Today. Retrieved 2008-01-24.
- "ACS Verified Pediatric Level 1 Trauma Centers". Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland has been verified as a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Marc and Lynne Benioff give UCSF $100 million more
- This hospital in the CA Healthcare Atlas A project by OSHPD
- Guide to the Children's Hospital Medical Center Records, 1912-1999, at The Bancroft Library