Roe with the Baltimore Orioles
|Atlanta Braves – No. 50|
Born: October 9, 1986|
|July 1, 2013, for the Arizona Diamondbacks|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2016 season)
|Earned run average||4.06|
Chaz Daniel Roe (born October 9, 1986) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played for the Arizona Diamondbacks and New York Yankees.
Roe attended Lafayette High School in Lexington, Kentucky. In 2004 as a high school player, Roe was considered by Baseball America to be the number 35 prospect in the United States. He was selected by the Colorado Rockies in the first round (32nd overall) of the 2005 Major League Baseball Draft.
On September 3, 2010, he was called up to the majors for the first time but he did not appear in any games. On December 2, 2010, Roe was traded to the Seattle Mariners for José López. He was designated for assignment by Seattle on June 29, 2011, after recording a 6.41 ERA with Triple-A Tacoma.
On November 1, 2013, Roe was claimed off of waivers by the Texas Rangers He was designated for assignment on January 29, 2014. He elected free agency on February 5, 2014. He signed a minor league deal with the Miami Marlins on February 6, 2014. The Marlins traded Roe to the New York Yankees for cash considerations on August 31. He was designated for assignment on September 21, 2014. On September 23, 2014, Roe was claimed off of waivers by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
On December 12, 2014, Roe was signed to a minor league contract by the Baltimore Orioles. On July 29, 2016, Roe was designated for assignment.
- 2008 Texas League Pitcher of the Week
- 2007 California League Pitcher of the Week
- 2005 Pioneer League Post-Season All-Star On July 29, 2016, Roe was designated for assignment.
- "Wildcats Sign Star Lafayette Pitcher". Lexington Herald-Leader. November 15, 2004. pp. D4. Retrieved May 20, 2009.
- Harding, Thomas (June 9, 2005). "Rox use second pick for prep pitcher". rockies.mlb.com: News. MLB Advanced Media. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- Harding, Thomas. "Rockies pick up infielder Lopez from Seattle". mlb.com: News. MLB Advanced Media. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Mariners Designate Chaz Roe For Assignment". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- "Chaz Roe earns promotion from D'backs, set to make MLB debut in ninth pro season". kyforward.com. July 1, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- Hale, Jon (July 3, 2013). "Chaz Roe's promotion latest sign that Lexington is becoming a baseball town". kyforward.com. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- "Diamondbacks outlast Phillies 12-7 in 18 innings". CNN. August 24, 2013.
- Durrett, Richard (November 1, 2013). "Rangers claim RHP Chaz Roe from Arizona". espn.com. ESPN. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- Kuty, Brendan (August 31, 2014). "Yankees trade for Chaz Roe: What you should know about him". NJ.com. New Jersey On-Line LLC. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- "Orioles sign RH Chaz Roe". Baltimore Sports and Life. December 13, 2014. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- Krueger, Nate (August 7, 2016). "Reliever Roe claimed off waivers from Orioles". Retrieved August 8, 2016.
- "Chaz Roe Stats, Highlights, Bio - Tulsa Drillers Stats". milb.com: Tulsa Drillers. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chaz Roe.|
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)