|No. 35 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:||June 2, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Shreveport, Louisiana|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Springhill High School (LA)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 4, 2016|
Charcandrick West (born June 2, 1991) is an American football running back for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). West played college football at Abilene Christian University.
West was born in Shreveport, Louisiana. From Cullen La. He attended high school at Springhill High School in Springhill, Louisiana, where he lettered all four years in football for Joey Pesses. He was named all-state his senior year after earning all-district honors in his sophomore, junior and senior years. His senior year he rushed for 1,350 for 16 touchdowns on 89 carries. West was also a standout sprinter on the track & field team and still holds the school and district record in the 100-meter dash with a time of 10.34 seconds.
West originally committed to Louisiana Tech University as a cornerback in 2010. He was also recruited by Arkansas, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, and Nebraska.
West transferred to Abilene Christian University during summer training camp. After transferring, West switched to running back.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 in||204 lb||4.27 s||1.51 s||2.51 s||4.40 s||7.08 s||41 in||10 ft 10 in||15 reps|
|All values from Pro Day|
West signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent on May 12, 2014. West was released during the final round of cuts during the 2014 season on August 30. The next day, after clearing waivers, the Chiefs signed West to their practice squad. On November 11, he was elevated to the Chiefs' active roster.
On October 11, 2015, running back Jamaal Charles went down with a torn ACL and was ruled out for the rest of the season, and West played in his place. His first start was in Week 6. Through Week 11 he had run for 373 yards on 98 rushing attempts. He was taken out early from a hamstring injury in the Week 11 game vs the San Diego Chargers. Running backs Knile Davis and Spencer Ware backed up West for the remainder of the season. He finished the season with 634 yards on 160 carries, along with 4 rushing touchdowns.
- "Louisiana Tech player profile". LATechSports.com.
- "Charcandrick West recruit profile". Scout.com.
- "2010 Position preview: Running backs". ACUSports.com.
- *Charcandrick West | Abilene Christian, RB : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
- Ferrin, Reid (May 12, 2014). "Chiefs Sign Six Rookie Free Agents". KCChiefs.com. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Paylor, Terez A. (August 31, 2014). "Chiefs add a defensive lineman to roster and nine others to practice squad". The Kansas City Star. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- "Chiefs Announce Roster Moves". KCChiefs.com. November 11, 2014. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Teicher, Adam (October 15, 2015). "Being Jamaal Charles' replacement is not the only distinction for Charcandrick West". ESPN. Retrieved October 15, 2015.