Chantal Galladé in 2008
Assumed office |
17 December 1972|
Winterthur, Canton of Zürich, Switzerland
|Political party||Social Democratic Party of Switzerland|
|Alma mater||University of Zurich|
|Occupation||education researcher and politician|
Chantal Galladé (born 17 December 1972 in Winterthur) is a Swiss politician, representing the Canton of Zürich in the Swiss National Council as member of the Social Democratic Party of Switzerland (SP) since 1 December 2003.
Early life and education
Born and raised in the municipality of Winterthur, Galladé is citizen of the municipality of Isérables in the canton of Valais. She attended an apprenticeship as merchant (KV) from 1989 to 1992, studied avocationally on higher education entrance qualification (Maturitätschule für Erwachsene) by 1996, and graduated on pedagogy and political science at the University of Zürich in 2008. Besides, Galladé was engaged as commissioner for apprenticeships, professor at the cantonal college, and member of the parliament (Kantonsrat) of the Canton of Zürich.
In 1990 Chantal Galladé became a member of the Social Democratic Party (SP). She co-initiated the youth parliament (Jugendparlament), the youth lobby (Jugendlobby) and the cultural center (Kulturzentrum) in Winterthur in 1994. Three years later, Galladé was elected as member of the SP party in the parliament of the Canton of Zürich by 2003. Since December 2003, she's member of the Swiss National Council, among others focussing on the fields of youth, sustainability and national security policy.
Chantal Galladé is mother of a daughter born in 2005. She was in a relationship with Daniel Jositsch.
- "Galladé Chantal". parlament.ch. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Über mich" (in German). chantalgallade.ch. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "SP, FDP und SVP sind die grossen Wahlgewinner" (in German). Schweiz aktuell. 2015-10-18. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Fokus: Junge für Berufswelt begeistern" (in German). 10vor10. 2016-04-18. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- Matthias Scharrer (2015-10-02). "Chantal Galladé liegt im Umweltranking noch vor den Grünen auf Platz 1" (in German). Limmattaler Zeitung. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- Susan Boos and Kaspar Surber (2007-11-22). "Die Linke und der Ruf nach dem Sheriff" (in German). WOZ Die Wochenzeitung 47/2007. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chantal Galladé.|
- Official website (German)
- Biography of Chantal Galladé on the website of the Swiss Parliament. (German)