Chandlersville is an unincorporated community in western Salt Creek Township, Muskingum County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 43727. It lies along State Route 146 at its intersection with State Routes 284 and 313.
Chandlersville was laid out in 1842. A post office called Chandlersville has been in operation since 1843. The community was named for Captain John Chandler, a pioneer settler. Besides the post office, Chandlersville had several stores and a sawmill.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chandlersville, Ohio.|
- Zip Code Lookup Archived October 8, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 26.
- "Muskingum County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 20 January 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Everhart, F.J. (1882). 1794. History of Muskingum County, Ohio, with illustrations and biographical sketches of prominent men and pioneers. F.J. Everhart & Co. p. 368.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary. Scott and Wright. p. 122. Retrieved 12 December 2013.