Centre de linguistique appliquée de Dakar
The Centre de linguistique appliquée de Dakar (French for "Center of Applied Linguistics of Dakar"), abbreviated CLAD, is a language institute, which especially plays an important role in the orthographical standardization of the Wolof language.
The Centre was founded in 1963 The Serer Division is headed by Professor Souleymane Faye. Together with his team, they work towards standardizing the Serer language. Faye, a professor of linguistics at the Cheikh Anta Diop University who has authored and co-authored several books and papers partaining to the Serer and Cangin languages is one of the current professors of the Centre (as of 2012).
- (French) CLAD Official page
- "Workshop Know Your Rights!/Connais Tes Droits!", report by African Commission on Human Rights, Brandeis University and the West African Research Centre (WARC) (2007) , pp 11 and 15
- (French) Faye, Souleymane (CLAD, Dakar), & Dijkstra, Hillebrand (Société Internationale de Linguistique, Dakar), "GLOTTALISEES DU SEREER-SIIN, DU SAAFISAAFI ET DU NOON DU SENEGAL : ETUDE COMPARATIVE DE LA SONORITE",
- Professor Faye in Africorps Retrieved 14 August 2012)
- Some of Professor Faye's books / papers [in] Open Library
- CLAD personnel