Catholic Church in Niger
|Part of a series on the|
|Catholic Church by country|
International distribution (2010).
There are around 16,000 Catholics in Niger, which is divided into two dioceses: the Diocese of Maradi (approximately 1,000) and the much larger Diocese of Niamey (approximately 15,000). The bishops are members of the Conference of Bishops of Burkina Faso and of Niger. Séraphin François Rouamba is the President of the Episcopal Conference and also is Archbishop of Koupela (Burkina Faso). Furthermore, Niger is member of the Regional Episcopal Conference of Francophone West Africa and Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar. Archbishop Vito Rallo is the Apostolic Nuncio of Niger, who is also nuncio to Burkina Faso.
- Apostolic Pro-Nuncio
- Archbishop Giovanni Mariani (20 September 1971 - 11 January 1975)
- Archbishop Luigi Barbarito (April 5, 1975 - June 10, 1978)
- Archbishop Luigi Dossena (24 October 1978 - 25 August 1979)
- Archbishop Mullor Justo García (25 August 1979 - 3 May 1985)
- Archbishop Antonio Mattiazzo (16 November 1985 - 5 July 1989)
- Archbishop Janusz Bolonek (18 November 1989 - 23 January 1995)
- Apostolic Nuncio