|Chicago White Sox – No. 51|
Born: December 13, 1993|
|July 17, 2016, for the Chicago White Sox|
|Career statistics |
(through 2016 season)
|Earned run average||8.49|
Carson Springer Fulmer (born December 13, 1993) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Chicago White Sox of Major League Baseball (MLB). He played college baseball for the Vanderbilt Commodores. He was drafted by the White Sox in the first round of the 2015 MLB Draft. He was called up by the White Sox on July 15, 2016 as a bullpen reliever.
Fulmer attended All Saints' Academy in Winter Haven, Florida and was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 15th round of the 2012 Major League Baseball Draft. He did not sign and attended Vanderbilt University.
As a freshman in 2013, Fulmer, appeared in 26 games as a relief pitcher, going 3–0 with a 2.39 earned run average (ERA), four saves and 51 strikeouts in 52 2⁄3 innings. Fulmer started his sophomore season in 2014 as a relief pitcher, but was moved to the starting rotation in April. After becoming a starter, he had a 28 innings scoreless streak. In June, he helped the Commodores win the 2014 College World Series against the Virginia Cavaliers after allowing only one earned run in 5 2⁄3 innings of the third game. He finished the season 7–1 in 26 games (10 starts) with a 1.98 ERA, 10 saves and 95 strikeouts in 91 innings, earning the SEC Pitcher of the Year Award. After the season, he played for the United States collegiate national team during the summer.
- "Carson Fulmer: Florida's King of K's". TheLedger.com. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "Sox focus on college pitchers on Day 2 of Draft". Boston Red Sox. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- Nick Cole , email@example.com (May 14, 2014). "Vanderbilt's Carson Fulmer a calming force at 98 mph". Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- Nick Cole , firstname.lastname@example.org (June 25, 2014). "Carson Fulmer's postseason numbers drop off". Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "Carson Fulmer Helps Vandy Win First Men's NCAA Title". TheLedger.com. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "SEC Announces 2015 Baseball Awards" (Press release). Southeastern Conference. May 18, 2015. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "College Notebook: Fulmer Named to National Team". TheLedger.com. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "White Sox sign first-round pick Carson Fulmer". Chicago Sun-Times. July 3, 2015. Retrieved July 4, 2015.
- Dabe, Christopher (June 23, 2015). "Arkansas' Andrew Benintendi wins 2015 Golden Spikes Award ahead of LSU's Alex Bregman, 2 other finalists". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved August 13, 2015.
- White Sox draft Vanderbilt right-hander Carson Fulmer
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Vanderbilt Commodores bio