Capital & Centric
|Headquarters||Manchester, United Kingdom|
Tim Heatley, Director|
Adam Higgins, Director
|Services||Property development and investment|
Capital & Centric plc is a public limited company registered at Companies House in the England under company number 00752098 specialising in commercial property development. According to Companies House a large amount of the business is owned by a parent company which is based in Jersey.
The primary focus is on developing new offices, business units and retail schemes.
Developments are predominantly in the North West in locations such as Liverpool, Rochdale and Speke. They often work on projects in partnership with the local government agencies and the European Regional Development Fund. According to the Manchester Evening News, Capital & Centric are one of the most active property companies in the North West.
Capital & Centric often focus on regeneration projects that lead to the creation of jobs in the local area. It was reported in 2013 that they have over £30m of property under construction in four different locations in the UK.
Their most recent regeneration project is on the site of the Littlewoods Pools Building. The scheme involves creation of a hotel, offices and business units. As a result of the regeneration, hundreds of jobs will be created. The Littlewoods scheme was unanimously approved in 2013.
The company also has a number of retail projects underway. In Ruabon, Wales, approval was sought to build a 46,000 square feet (4,300 m2) food store. The plans were approved in February 2013.
In Barnoldswick, plans were approved for a 36,000 square feet (3,300 m2) supermarket in August 2012, beating two opposing schemes. An operator has not yet been named.
- "Place North West News". Placenorthwest.co.uk. 2011-11-03. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Capital & Centric Plc | Contact". Capitalandcentricplc.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-10. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Phase two underway at Crown Business Park | Manchester Evening News". menmedia.co.uk. 2012-06-05. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Insider News North West – Work starts on speculative scheme in Speke". Insidermedia.com. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Capital & Centric secure Lancs consent)". Placenorthwest.co.uk. 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2012-08-22.