|Founded||1998 as The Capital Markets Company NV|
|Lance Levy (CEO)|
Number of employees
The Capital Markets Company N.V., referred to as Capco, is a global business and technology consultancy based in Antwerp, Belgium with offices in financial centers across North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Capco is a subsidiary of FIS company based in Jacksonville, Florida. Capco works only in the financial services industry, unlike the Big Four professional services firms. As of the 1st November 2015, Capco had more than 3,000 employees internationally, and 23 offices.
Capco specializes in six financial services sectors: banking; capital markets; finance, risk and compliance; insurance; technology; and wealth and investment management. The company claims its current and past clients include about 75% of the world’s global financial services institutions.
Capco was founded in 1998 as The Capital Markets Company NV by Belgian entrepreneur Rob Heyvaert, with offices in Antwerp, London, New York, and Frankfurt. In 1999, Capco opened an office in Paris, France.
In 2000, a round of strategic investment led by Thomas Weisel Capital Partners enabled the company to expand its European and international presence with additional offices in Europe, North America and Asia.
In 2004, Capco established a presence in the German market. In the same year Capco opened an office in Bangalore, India grew its staff to approximately 100 people in twelve months. Capco opened its Toronto office in 2005 to serve clients in the Canadian market.
In 2006 Symphony Technology Group (a private equity firm based in Palo Alto, California, U.S.) and Capco management purchased all outstanding shares in the company. The following year Capco acquired City Practitioners Limited of London, U.K.
In 2009 Capco opened offices in Chicago and Washington, D.C., growing from 75 to 475 employees in North America in a little over a year. Capco also opened an office in Geneva, Switzerland, focusing on its wealth and investment management business.
In 2010 Capco was acquired by Fidelity National Information Services (FIS), a provider of banking and payments technology. Capco founder and CEO Rob Heyvaert became a Corporate Executive Vice-President of FIS, and a member of the FIS Executive Management Team, while continuing in his role as CEO of Capco. Capco’s prior majority shareholder, Symphony Technology Group, did not retain any equity or interest in the combined entity on completion of the transaction.
Capco opened a Johannesburg, South Africa, office in 2011. A team of Capco employees participated in a climb of Mount Kilimanjaro, in association with the development charity VSO, as part of Capco’s corporate responsibility program. By the end of the year, the Capco global office network had grown to 15 offices worldwide with a presence on four continents.
In 2012 Capco opened its sixteenth office with a Slovakia-based nearshore center in Bratislava to complement its India-based offshore operations. In January 2013, Capco opened an onshore delivery center, located in Orlando, Florida, to supply financial institutions with commodity technology services. In 2014, Capco opened a Hong Kong office as the hub for its business across the Asia-Pacific region.
In 2015 Rob Heyvaert left Capco to pursue other interests and Lance Levy took over as CEO of Capco.
Capco offers consulting and managed services to the financial industry in banking and retail banking, capital markets, finance, risk & compliance, global delivery, Digital, technology services, wealth and investment management.
Capco claims that its current and past clients include about 75% of the world’s global Financial Services institutions. The company focuses exclusively on the financial services industry and provides services to banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management, and other financial organizations.
Journal of Financial Transformation
Capco's research unit, The Capco Institute, publishes the Journal of Financial Transformation which contains industry research, analysis and articles from academics, Nobel laureate economists, regulators, central bankers and industry experts. The Journal aims to advance thought leadership in the field of applied finance.
The Capco Institute holds an annual conference series in the UK with London's Cass Business School, and collaborates with Baruch College – The City University of New York. Articles in the Journal are peer-reviewed and submitted by financial services professionals and academics from institutions including Wharton Business School, INSEAD and Harvard Business School. The Journal is the only finance journal to be fully accredited by the American Economic Association. It has been a recipient of the Apex Awards for Publication Excellence (2002–2013), as well as awards from the European Finance Association and the Social Science Research Network. The Journal has also been ranked among the world’s foremost publications by the European Finance Association and the Social Science Research Network.
Awards and recognition
- Capco named to 2014 best workplaces in Canada list, recognized for excellence in the workplace
- Capco Makes the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ List Three Years Running
- Capco Wins Financial World Innovation Award for Most Effective Staff Participation Initiative
- Capco named to 2013 Best Small & Medium Workplaces List by Great Place to Work Institute
- Capco ranked #12 in Consulting Magazine's "Best Firms to Work for 2013"
- Capco is listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women list for 2013
- Ranked 27th on the Sunday Times "100 Best UK Companies to Work For" 2013 list
- Capco Frankfurt awarded ‘Employer of the Month’ Status for September 2012
- Ranked 13th in Consulting Magazines's "Best Firms to Work For 2012" list
- Apex Awards for Publication Excellence, 2002–2010
- Ranked 27th on the Sunday Times "100 Best UK Companies to Work For" 2012 list
- Apex Awards for Publication Excellence, 2002–2010
- 2012 "Top Consultants" Award for client services
- Consulting Magazine’s 2011 "Women Leaders in Consulting" Award
- Consulting Magazine’s 2010 "Top 25 Consultants" Award for Excellence in Financial Services
- Consulting Magazine’s 2010 "Top 15 Places to Work" Award
- "Heart of the City" Dragon Award for Corporate Social Responsibility 2008
- "Capco Fast Facts" (PDF). Capco.com. 10 January 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Capco pushes for 25% annual growth in financial services". istockanalyst.com. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "A Different Kind Of Consultant". WatersTechnology.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Christy, John H (18 October 2011). "Mr. Fix-it". Forbes. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Robert Hunter. "February '2000: Wee and Lee Get Hipper". Derivatives Strategy. Archived from the original on 6 June 2012. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Capco History". capco.com. Archived from the original on 6 June 2012. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Capco completes $15 million funding round". Finextra. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Capco opens service delivery center in Bangalore". Siliconindia.com. 13 December 2004. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Symphony Technology Group and Capco's Management Acquire 95.76% of the Shares of Capco and Launch a Public Take Over Bid to Buy Out the Remaining Shares and Warrants". PRNewswire.com. 8 September 2006. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Capco eyes North American market". FT.com Financial Times. 17 September 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "FIS Makes Strategic Commitment to Consulting Services with Acquisition of Capco". Fis.mediaroom.com. Archived from the original on 16 August 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Brown, Steven E. F. "Symphony Technology Group's Capco sold to FIS for $300M". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Symphony Technology Group's Capco sold to FIS for $300M". Bizjournals.com. 19 October 2010.
- "Capco Extends Asia Presence, Expanding Global Footprint with Addition of Hong Kong Office". Capco. 10 February 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- Richard C. Morais (28 November 2005). "Big Bucks Banking". Forbes. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Massaro, Kerry (28 October 2009). "Capco Expands Cap Markets Group to Meet Trading Demand". Advanced Trading. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "ConsultingMag.com". ConsultingMag.com. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Digital Innovation". Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Capco expands North American technology group". Finextra.com. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- McEachern, Cristina (18 November 2009). "Capco Launches Wealth Management Group". Advanced Trading. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "OCC: Bank Information Technology: Research and Analysis". Occ.treas.gov. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Sixth Annual Cass-Capco Risk Management Conference". www.capco.com. www.capco.com. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "APEX 2013 Award Winners" (PDF). apexawards.com. apexawards.com. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "Capco Named to 2014 Best Workplaces in Canada List". Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Capco ranked 27th in Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2013 List". Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Capco Named to 2014 Best Workplaces in Canada List". Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Capco Named to 2013 Best Small & Medium Workplaces List by Great Place to Work Institute". Retrieved September 2013. Check date values in:
- "The Best Firm to Work for 2012". Retrieved September 2013. Check date values in:
- "The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2013". Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies". Sunday Times. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- "Capco, the Frankfurt-based Business and Technology Consultant Dedicated to Financial Services, has been awarded 'Employer of the Month' Status for September, 2012". Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "The Best Firm to Work for 2012". Consulting Magazine. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "The Best 100 and 25 Big Companies to Work For 2012". TheSundayTimes.co.uk. 2 March 2012. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- "Top 25 Consultants 2010: Tom McKelvey". Consulting Magazine. 5 May 2010. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Capco in the News". Capco.com. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "The 2011 Top 25 Consultants". ConsultingMag.com. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Capco consulting careers". TopConsultant.com. 22 September 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Past Winners | Lord Mayor's Dragon Awards". Dragonawards.org.uk. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Capco Homepage About Capco
- The Capco Institute
- Journal of Financial Transformation
- Cass Business School
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University