C. J. Prosise
|No. 22 Seattle Seahawks|
|Date of birth:||May 20, 1994|
|Place of birth:||Petersburg, Virginia|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school:||Woodberry Forest (VA)|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 3 / Pick: 90|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2016|
Calvin "C. J." Prosise Jr. (born May 20, 1994) is an American football running back for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Seahawks in the third round of the 2016 NFL draft. He played college football at Notre Dame.
Prosise attended Woodberry Forest School in Madison County, Virginia. He played safety and wide receiver in high school. He was rated by Rivals.com as a three-star recruit at safety. He committed to the University of Notre Dame to play college football over offers from Penn State, North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, among others.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
| C.J. Prosise
|Petersburg, Virginia||Madison (VA) Woodberry||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||190 lb (86 kg)||May 26, 2011|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 79|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 21 (S), 276 (national) ESPN: 22 (S)|
After redshirting his first year at Notre Dame in 2012, Prosise played in all 13 games as a wide receiver and on special teams his redshirt freshman year in 2013. For the season he had seven receptions for 72 yards. As a sophomore in 2014, he played in all 13 games and made six starts. He had 29 receptions for 516 yards and two touchdowns and led the team in special teams tackles with 11. Prior to his junior year in 2015, Prosise was moved to running back. After a season ending injury to Tarean Folston versus Texas, Prosise became the starter. In his first start against Virginia, he rushed for 155 yards with a touchdown. In his second start vs. Georgia Tech, he rushed for 198 yards and three touchdowns, including a 91-yard rushing touchdown which was the longest in Notre Dame Stadium history. Prosise continued adding big performances throughout the season. He recorded 100 receiving yards at Clemson, rushed for 129 yards (6.1 avg) and three touchdowns vs. Navy, and rushed for 143 yards and two touchdowns vs. USC, before being slowed down by injury, limited him to only 13 carries over Notre Dame's last five games. He finished the season rushing for 1,032 yards on 156 carries (6.6 avg) and 11 touchdowns, and 28 receptions for 308 yards and one touchdown.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||220 lb||32 1⁄8 in||8 1⁄2 in||4.48 s||35.5 in||10 ft 1 in|
|All values from NFL Combine,|
Prosise was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the 3rd round (90th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft. On May 6, 2016, the Seahawks signed Prosise to a four-year, $3.11 million contract with a signing bonus of $692,464.
- "CJ Prosise". yahoo.com.
- "WOODBERRY FOREST: Prosise joins Irish". The Daily Progress.
- "Notre Dame's C.J. Prosise learning to be a". Elkhart Truth.
- Chicago Tribune (September 8, 2015). "C.J. Prosise ready for larger role in Notre Dame backfield". Lake County News-Sun.
- Notre Dame: Position change, more responsibility no problem for C.J. Prosise
- Chicago Tribune (September 18, 2015). "C.J. Prosise has found a home as leading man in Notre Dame backfield". chicagotribune.com.
- "Notebook: A happy homecoming for C.J. Prosise". Notre Dame Insider.
- AP Member Choice Complete (September 19, 2015). "C.J. Prosise leads No. 8 Notre Dame past No. 14 Georgia Tech, 30–22". latimes.com.
- CJ Prosise Declares for the 2016 NFL Draft
- "NFL Combine Profiles". NFL.com. NFL.com. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- Kelly, Danny (April 29, 2016). "NFL Draft Results: Seahawks select C.J. Prosise with 3rd round pick, 90 overall". FieldGulls.com. SBNation. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- "Sportrac.com: C.J. Promise". sportrac.com. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- Henderson, Brady (May 6, 2016). "Seahawks sign 9 of 10 draft picks; 13 UDFA signings announced". MyNorthwest.com. ESPN. Retrieved May 23, 2016.