|Type||Federal Music Industry Association|
|German Music Companies|
|Managing Director: Dr. Florian Drücke|
The Bundesverband Musikindustrie (English: Federal Music Industry Association), or simply BVMI, represents the music industry in Germany. The association represents the interests of nearly 280 labels and music industry related enterprises, which comprise 90% of the music industry.
Bundesverband Musikindustrie is a member of International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), which is based in London, England. IFPI consists of music associations of 70 countries.
BVMI works closely with GfK Entertainment (formerly "Media Control GfK International") (founded in 1976) which is in charge of publishing the music charts in Germany on weekly bases.
BVMI will have instituted Diamond-award for the first time in its history on June 1, 2014. While BVMI will begin awarding Diamond-awards starting from June 1, 2014, the organization will apply the award to the titles released on/after January 1, 2013.
Starting also from June 1, 2014, BVMI raised its certification-award-levels for the Singles, from the previous 150,000 units for Gold and 300,000 units for Platinum to 200,000 units for Gold and 400,000 units for Platinum. The change in the certification-levels of the Singles is affected by both inclusion of Streaming as well as an increase in sales of downloads that has been sees in recent years. The company will consider 100 streams with the running time of at least 30 seconds or more as one single download.
BVMI follows the following pattern to certify records:
The association does not issue awards for 2 x Gold or 4 x Gold which overlie the requirements of platinum certification awards. Sales of both physical and digital, whether it is an album or a single, can be included for certification.
|Certification||Before September 24, 1999||After September 24, 1999||After January 1, 2003||After June 1, 2014[Notes]|
|3× Gold||750,000||450,000||300,000||300,000 (Unchanged)|
|2× Platinum||1,000,000||600,000||400,000||400,000 (Unchanged)|
|5× Gold||1,250,000||750,000||500,000||500,000 (Unchanged)|
|3× Platinum||1,500,000||900,000||600,000||600,000 (Unchanged)|
|Diamond||not awarded||not awarded||not awarded||750,000[Notes]|
|Certification||Before January 1, 2003||Jan. 01, 2003 to June 1, 2014||After June 1, 2014[Notes]|
|Diamond||not awarded||not awarded||1,000,000[Notes]|
|Certification||Since January 2002|
|Certification||Since January 1992|
- "Dieter Gorny als Vorstandsvorsitzender des BVMI bestätigt (Dieter Gorny confirmed as chairman of the BVMI)" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindstie. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Bundesverband Musikindustrie: Der Bundesverband Musikindustrie e. V.". Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "Über Uns: Aufgaben und Ziele" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Unternehmen (The Company)" (in German). Media Control Gfk International. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Richtlinien für die Verleihung von Gold/Platin Schallplatten und Awards (Guidelines for Gold and Platinum awards))" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindstie. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Neuer DIAMOND AWARD für die erfolgreichsten Singles und Alben in Deutschland" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindstie. Retrieved 2014-05-15.