Location of Bulancak within Turkey.
|Coordinates: 40°56′N 38°14′E / 40.933°N 38.233°ECoordinates: 40°56′N 38°14′E / 40.933°N 38.233°E|
|• Mayor||Recep Yakar (AKP)|
|• District||692.50 km2 (267.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||111 m (364 ft)|
|• District density||88/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
With a population of 38,546 Bulancak is the largest town in the province apart from Giresun itself. It is only a short drive from Giresun, is easily reached by public transport and has thus become part of Giresun's urban area.
The football club Bulancakspor is from the area.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- (Turkish) The District Governorate
- (Turkish) The Municipality
- (Turkish) Business Directory of Bulancak