Born: June 2, 1963|
|May 16, 1987, for the California Angels|
|Last MLB appearance|
|April 28, 1995, for the Florida Marlins|
|Earned run average||2.49|
|Career highlights and awards|
Bryan Stanley Harvey (born June 2, 1963 in Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee) is a former Major League Baseball relief pitcher who played from 1987 to 1995 for the California Angels of the American League and the Florida Marlins of the National League.
Harvey was elected to the All-Star team for the American League in 1991 and for the National League in 1993. He led the American League in saves in 1991 with 46. He finished second in the 1988 American League Rookie of the Year balloting and was named Rookie Pitcher of the Year by The Sporting News.
Harvey's pitching repertoire featured a low-90s fastball and nasty forkball, delivered overhand with a big shoulder turn.
- List of Major League Baseball annual saves leaders
- List of Major League Baseball all-time saves leaders
- Pietrusza, David; Matthew Silverman; Gershman, Michael (2000). Baseball: The Biographical Encyclopedia. New York: Total Sports. p. 476. ISBN 1-892129-34-5.
- Weiss is AL Rookie of the year
- Charlton, James; Shatzkin, Mike; Holtje, Stephen (1990). The Ballplayers: baseball's ultimate biographical reference. New York: Arbor House/William Morrow. p. 452. ISBN 0-87795-984-6.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference