Anger with California in 2010
|No. 9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:||October 6, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Camarillo, California|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||202 lb (92 kg)|
|High school:||Camarillo (CA)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 70|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 11, 2016|
Bryan Corey Anger (born October 6, 1988) is an American football punter for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at California.
Anger was selected in the third round, 70th overall, in the 2012 NFL Draft, becoming the highest drafted punter since Todd Sauerbrun in 1995, and the first punter drafted by the Jaguars since 2007. A day later on April 29, the Jaguars cut punters Nick Harris and Spencer Lanning. Like Anger, Harris also played collegiately at California.
Following his rookie year, he was named to All-Rookie teams by CBS Sports, ESPN, Pro Football Weekly and many other media outlets. Anger also received a vote for the 2012 All-Pro Team as voted on by the Associated Press.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On March 22, 2016, Anger signed a one-year contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Anger won the starting punting job after the team released Jake Schum. On August 28, 2016, Schum was part of the Buccaneers 75-man roster cuts.
Shortly after Anger was selected by the Jaguars, NFL Network host Rich Eisen exclaimed that "Punters are people too!". Eisen had Anger as a guest on his podcast and presented him with a shirt containing that exclamation. Nevertheless, the Jaguars have received much criticism from fans and football experts for drafting a punter ahead of future Super Bowl winning quarterback Russell Wilson, although the Jaguars publicly said that they never considered drafting Wilson.
- "Jaguars pick punter - in third round of NFL draft". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Jaguars take punter Bryan Anger in third round". Jacksonville.com. 2012-04-27. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Jaguars make Cal's Anger highest drafted punter since 1995 - NFL - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars' punting job is all Bryan Anger's". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "PFW/PFWA 2012 All-Rookie team". Archived from the original on January 17, 2013. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- "Andrew Luck, Matt Kalil, Luke Kuechly among top rookies in 2012 - NFL". Insider.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- Katzowitz, Josh. "Grading the rookies: All-rookie team". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "All-Pro Team headlined by Adrian Peterson, J.J. Watt". NFL.com. 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Bucs Agree to Terms with P Bryan Anger". www.buccaneers.com. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "PUNTERS ARE PEOPLE TOO!! – from The Rich Eisen Podcast «Rich Eisen - NFL Network Rich Eisen – NFL Network". Richeisen.nfl.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Jaguars never considered drafting Russell Wilson". SBNation.com. 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "The Jacksonville Jaguars summed up in one sign | For The Win". Ftw.usatoday.com. 2013-09-23. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars tweets | GM Dave Caldwell said the team doesnt know if suspended WR Justin Blackmon has applied for reinstatement". Sportadore.com. 2014-12-28. Retrieved 2015-07-12.