|Public (LSE: BXTN)|
|Fate||Acquired by SEGRO|
Lady Louise Patten, Chairman |
Peter Dawson, CEO
|Revenue||£89.8 million (2008)|
|£(532.5) million (2008)|
|£(767.7) million (2008)|
The company was founded in 1924 by Percy Mayer as Brixton Estate Limited to acquire a 6-acre (24,000 m2) site at Brixton Road in London.
In 1945 the company began to build up a portfolio by acquiring properties damaged by bombing during World War II.
In 1997 the company decided to focus on industrial properties to the West of London and in 2001 the name changed to Brixton plc.
The company converted to a Real Estate Investment Trust status when REITs were introduced in the United Kingdom in January 2007.
In August 2009 Brixton was taken over by SEGRO.
The company owns a portfolio of circa 25 m sq. ft. of industrial and commercial properties in the West London area. The main properties are at:
- Segro reaches agreement to buy struggling rival Brixton The Times, 22 June 2009
- Preliminary results 2008 Archived April 24, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.