British Underwater Sports Association
British Underwater Sports Association (BUSA) is the British affiliate of the Sports Committee of Confédération Mondiale des Activités Subaquatiques (CMAS).
It was created in 1997 to fill the vacancy on the CMAS Sport Committee for the United Kingdom caused by the expulsion of the British Sub-Aqua Club from CMAS in order to ensure ongoing access to international competition offered by CMAS for British underwater sports teams.
Its members include the British Finswimming Association, British Octopush Association and British Spearfishing Association.
Its role is exclusively one of representation of British underwater sports at the international level. It does not have any recognition from the British government or the governments of the four constituent countries of the UK. BUSA members seeking government funding for sporting activities are required to obtain a letter of support from the National Governing Body (NGB) for Sub Aqua in their country. These include the BSAC for the UK and England, Northern Ireland Federation of Sub-Aqua Clubs for Northern Ireland, the Scottish Sub Aqua Club for Scotland and the Welsh Association of Sub Aqua Clubs for Wales. However, in June 2013, UK Sport and Sport England reportedly published their requirements for the acceptance of BUSA as the NGB for underwater sports in the UK.
- "Federations". CMAS. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Federations, BRITISH UNDERWATER SPORTS ASSOCIATION". CMAS. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Chronology (of BSAC expulsion from CMAS)". Don Collier. Archived from the original on 19 May 2014. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Busuttili, Mike. "So long, CMAS,it's sad to say goodbye". DiverNet. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "About". British Finswimming Association. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "NOTE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE BRITISH OCTOPUSH ASSOCIATION HELD ON 26 APRIL AT QUEENS HOTEL, CRYSTAL PALACE, LONDON". British Octopush Association. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "BSA Home Page". British Spearfishing Association. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Applying for funding". Sport England. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "Sport England Funding". British Sub Aqua Club. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Announcement on behalf of the BFA National Management Committee". British Finswimming Association. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- British Finswimming Association homepage
- British Octopush Association homepage
- British Spearfishing Association homepage