Britain Israel Communications and Research Centre
|Mission||"advancing a more supportive environment for Israel in Britain"|
The Britain Israel Communications and Research Centre (BICOM) is a UK-based organisation which acts to promote awareness of Israel and the Middle East in the United Kingdom. BICOM publishes materials on the history, economy, culture and politics of Israel, Middle East peace plans, terrorism in the Middle East, UK-Israel relations and foreign policy.
BICOM was founded in 2002 following the second intifada. It is funded through private donations.
We Believe in Israel
We Believe in Israel is BICOM's pro-Israel advocacy organization in the United Kingdom. The current director is former Labour councillor and pro-Israel activist Luke Akehurst. We Believe in Israel provides learning materials to both the Board of Deputies of British Jews and the United Synagogue, who together represent a large percentage of British Jews.
It is also listed as part of the Jewish Leadership Council, and umbrella organisation that aims to unite its members and confer benefits to its members from pooled resources.
According to their website, We Believe in Israel was launched following the We Believe in Israel Conference in London in May 2011, with 26 community organisations and attended by 1500 delegates.
In the 2010s, the group petitioned for The Co-operative Group to reverse its decision to boycott certain Israeli products.
- "About". Britain Israel Communications & Research Centre. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "Why non-Jewish Luke's family has always given support to Israel". Jewish Telegraph.
- "We Believe in Israel Essay 2 - Zionism and the foundation of the State of Israel". United Synagogue.
- "Constituent Members". Jewish Leadership Council.
- We Believe in Israel. "Core Values". We Believe in Israel.
- We Believe in Israel. "Call on the Co-op Group to end their boycott of certain Israeli companies". We Believe in Israel. Retrieved 2 Jul 2015.