Boycott (2001 film)
|Directed by||Clark Johnson|
|Written by||Stewart Burns, Herman Daniel Farrell|
|24 February 2001|
Boycott is a 2001 American television film directed by Clark Johnson, and starring Jeffrey Wright as Martin Luther King Jr. The film, based on the book Daybreak of Freedom by Stewart Burns, tells the story of the 1955-1956 Montgomery Bus Boycott. It won a Peabody Award in 2001 "for refusing to allow history to slip into 'the past.'"
- Jeffrey Wright as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Terrence Howard as Ralph Abernathy
- C. C. H. Pounder as Jo Ann Robinson
- Carmen Ejogo as Coretta Scott King
- Reg E. Cathey as E. D. Nixon
- Brent Jennings as Rufus Lewis
- Iris Little Thomas as Rosa Parks
- Shawn Michael Howard as Fred Gray
- Erik Dellums as Bayard Rustin
- 61st Annual Peabody Awards, May 2002.