17 January 1922|
Kerch, Crimean ASSR
|Died||5 July 2014 92)(aged|
|Alma mater||Tashkent State Medicine Academy|
Boris Khodorov (Russian: Борис Израилевич Ходоров, b. 17 January 1922 – d. 5 July 2014) was a Soviet and Russian physiologist, D.Sc., a professor, and chairman of the Cell Physiology section of Moscow Physiological Society (formerly the Pavlov All-USSR Society of Physiologists; Russian: Всесоюзное Физиологическое общество имени И. П. Павлова).
Boris Khodorov was born in Kerch, on the 17th of January, 1922. He graduated from Tashkent Medical Institute (Tashkent State Medicine Academy) in 1944. After graduating from the institute, he served in the Red Army.
In the 1980s he headed the Biophysical Research Laboratory in the Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences. At present he holds a position at the Institute of General Pathology and Pathophysiology in Moscow. He is a specialist in neurophysiology and researches the general physiology of excitable tissues and on conditioned motor reflexes in animals and human beings. He is a member of a number of editorial boards including that of the journal Membrane and Cell Biology.
In 1985 Boris Khodorov was awarded the USSR State Prize.
- Sobolevsky, Alexander I.; Koshelev, Sergey G.; Khodorov, Boris I. (December 1999). "Probing of NMDA Channels with Fast Blockers" (PDF). The Journal of Neuroscience. 19 (24): 10611–10626.
- Khodorov, B.; Pinelis, V.; Vergun, O.; Storozhevykh, T.; Vinskaya, N. (November 1996). "Mitochondrial deenergization underlies neuronal calcium overload following a prolonged glutamate challenge". FEBS Lett. 397 (2-3): 230–234. doi:10.1016/S0014-5793(96)01139-8. PMID 8955353.
- Babsky, Evgeni; Boris Khodorov; Grigory Kositsky; Anatoly Zubkov (1989). Evgeni Babsky, ed. Human Physiology, in 2 vols. Translated by Ludmila Aksenova. Translation edited by H. C. Creighton (M.A., Oxon). Moscow: Mir Publishers. ISBN 5-03-000776-8 First published in Russian as «Физиология человека»
- Долгожитель и рыцарь науки (PDF) (in Russian). Троицкий вариант — Наука. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- Alexandr Vasilyevich Vishnevsky, the father of A.A. Vishnevsky.
- (Russian) (English)
- Membrane and Cell Biology: Editorial Staff
- Membrane and Cell Biology: The Journal’s Home Page
- Ходоров, Борис Израилевич — an article in the Great Encyclopedia of Biographies
- Boris Khodorov’s profile at the VIP-persons website (Russian)