Boise metropolitan area
|Coordinates: 43°30′N 116°30′W / 43.5°N 116.5°W|
|• Total||11,833.06 sq mi (30,647.5 km2)|
|Highest elevation||10,751 ft (3,277 m)|
|Lowest elevation||2,000 ft (610 m)|
|• Rank||83rd in the U.S.|
|• Density||52.1/sq mi (20.118/km2)|
The Boise City–Nampa, Idaho Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) (commonly known as the Boise Metropolitan Area or the Treasure Valley) is an area that encompasses Ada, Boise, Canyon, Gem, and Owyhee counties in southwestern Idaho. It is distinct from the wider Boise City-Mountain Home-Ontario, ID-OR Combined Statistical Area, an area consisting of seven counties in southwestern Idaho, and Malheur County, Oregon anchored by the cities of Boise and Nampa. It is the state's largest officially designated metropolitan area and includes Idaho's three largest cities – Boise, Nampa, and Meridian. Nearly 40 percent of Idaho's total population lives in the area.
As of the 2015 estimate, the Boise City-Nampa, Idaho Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) had a population of 676,909., while the larger Boise City-Mountain Home-Ontario, ID-OR Combined Statistical Area (CSA) had a population of 756,061. The metro area is currently the third largest in the US section of the Pacific Northwest after Seattle and Portland, and is the 83rd largest metropolitan area in the United States.
As of the 2010 census, there were 616,561 people, 170,291 households, and 120,118 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 89.80% White, 0.52% African American, 0.80% Native American, 1.38% Asian, 0.14% Pacific Islander, 5.02% from other races, and 2.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.96% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $36,695, and the median income for a family was $42,196. Males had a median income of $31,854 versus $23,244 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $17,041.
Over 200,000 inhabitants
- Boise - (principal city)
50,001 to 200,000 inhabitants
25,001 to 50,000 inhabitants
10,001 to 25,000 inhabitants
5,001 to 10,000 inhabitants
1,001 to 5,000 inhabitants
1,000 inhabitants or fewer
- Interstate 84
- Interstate 184
- Central Valley Expressway (Currently Under Construction) phase 1 to US Hwy 20/26 U.S. Route 20 U.S. Route 26 to be completed August 2014
- U.S. Route 20
- U.S. Route 26
- U.S. Route 30
- U.S. Route 95
- State Highway 16
- State Highway 21
- State Highway 44
- State Highway 55
- State Highway 69
- State Highway 19
- State Highway 45
- State Highway 78
- State Highway 52
- Boise County Highway 17 (Banks - Lowman Hwy.)
Colleges & Universities
Four Year Colleges and Universities
- Northwest Nazarene University ( NNU ) Nampa, Idaho
- The College of Idaho ( C of I ) Caldwell, Idaho
- University of Idaho ( U of I ) Boise; Extension Campus
- Idaho State University ( ISU ) Meridian, Idaho; Extension Campus
Community Colleges & Trade Schools
- College of Western Idaho, Nampa, Idaho ( CWI ) Nampa; Main Campus, Aspen Classroom Bldg., Canyon County Extension Boise; Ada County Campus
- Treasure Valley Community College Caldwell, Idaho ( TVCC )Ontario, Oregon; Main Campus Caldwell, Idaho; Caldwell Campus
- Northwest Lineman College ( NLC ) Kuna, Idaho
- Heavy Equipment Operator School of Idaho Boise
- Stevens-Henager College, Boise, Idaho Nampa, Idaho
- ITT-Tech Boise
- Carrington College Boise
- Broadview University Meridian, Idaho
- University of Phoenix Meridian; Main Campus
- Boise Bible College Boise
Major Valley Employers
- Micron Technology Boise, Nampa
- Saint Luke's Medical Centers Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Centers Boise, Nampa, Caldwell, Ontario
- Simplot Boise, Caldwell
- Scentsy Meridian
- Hewlett-Packard Garden City / Boise
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association Meridian
- Union Pacific Railroad Nampa
- T-Mobile US Meridian
- DirecTV Boise
- Teleperformance Boise
- census.gov – Idaho population by county, 1900–90 accessed 2009-05-03
- Idaho Dept. of Labor
- American Fact Finder Archived 2016-04-17 at WebCite
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-17. Retrieved 2015-01-02. American Fact Finder
- "Stevens-Henager College - Accredited Colleges in Utah & Idaho". Stevenshenager.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Sam Harmer (2015-12-15). "Micron Technology, Inc. - Home | Memory and Storage Solutions". Micron.com. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "St. Luke's - Home". Stlukesonline.org. 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "Boise Idaho Hospital | Saint Alphonsus | Ontario Oregon Hospital". Saint Alphonsus. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "J.R. Simplot Company". Simplot.com. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "Jobs and careers at HP | HP® Official Site". Hp.com. 2015-11-01. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "Health Insurance Career Opportunities at Blue Cross and Blue Shield". BCBS.com. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "Welcome to Union Pacific Careers". Up.jobs. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "T-Mobile Jobs & Employment". T-mobile.com. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "DIRECTV Careers". Directv.com. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "Apply Now | Teleperformance". Teleperformanceusa.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Boise metropolitan area.|