Bob White (American football)
|Date of birth:||August 22, 1938|
|Place of birth:||Portsmouth, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||1960 / Round: 8 / Pick: 91|
|Player stats at PFR|
Loren Robert "Bob" White (born August 22, 1938) is a former American football player. He played for Ohio State in the late 1950s. White played fullback and line on defense. In 1957 he and the Buckeyes won the Big Ten out right and lead Ohio State to a win in the 1958 Rose Bowl 10-7 over Oregon. In 1958 he led in scoring and rushing for the Buckeyes.
In 1958 Bob White was named First-Team All-American. He was also named Academic All-American Player of the Year in 1958. In 1957, 1958, and 1959 he was named an Ohio State Academic All-Big Ten Honoree. In 1958 White placed 4th as the Buckeyes Heisman Trophy finalist.
- Park, Jack (2003). Ohio State Football Encyclopedia: National Championship Edition. Champaign, IL: Sports Publishing. ISBN 1-58261-695-7.
- "1957 National Championship". OhioStateBuckeyes.com. Archived from the original on 2010-03-11. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "The Rose Bowl 1958". Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Ohio State First-Team All-Americans" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- "Academic Honors - The Ohio State Buckeyes Official Athletics Site". OhioStateBuckeyes.com. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Ohio State Football Heisman Finalists". Central Ohio News. Retrieved 2008-10-09.