Bottom Line Inc (formerly Boardroom, Inc.) is an American newsletter publishing company. It was founded in 1972 by Martin Edelston, who served as the company's chairman until his death on Oct 2 2013. The company is a member of the Direct Marketing Association. The company, doing business as Bottom Line Publications, publishes the following newsletters in print:
- Bottom Line/Personal
- Bottom Line/Health
- Money Masters Stock Report
The following publications are now available in digital format only:
- Bottom Line/Wealth
- Bottom Line/Retirement
This company engages in the practice known as negative option billing. Contentious cases around negative option billing often center on unwitting solicitation lost in fine print and the difficultly of reversing a solicitation once made. Bottom Line Books have received many consumer complaints about billing, for example several hundred arbitrated by the Stamford, Connecticut Better Business Bureau.
The company is also a prolific sender of traditional and electronic advertising mail.
- "Company Overview of Boardroom, Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
- "Online Store - Returns and Cancellations". Bottomlinestores.com. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
If you choose to continue, do nothing.
- "Consumer Complaints for Boardroom, Inc. - Connecticut BBB". Bbb.org. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Krol, Carol (November 29, 2009). "30 years of remarkable change". Direct Marketing News. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
In the past 30 years, Boardroom has mailed anywhere from 30 million to 120 million pieces of direct mail per year to promote its products, which focus on dispensing health advice from experts.
- Levey, Richard H. (June 1, 2007). "Inside Information". Chief Marketer. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
These are vital issues for the publisher of “The Book of Inside Information,” Bottom Line/Personal and many other books and newsletters.