Blackpool North and Cleveleys (UK Parliament constituency)
|Blackpool North and Cleveleys|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Blackpool North and Cleveleys in Lancashire for the 2010 general election.
Location of Lancashire within England.
|Population||83,391 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||66,187 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Paul Maynard (Conservative)|
|Created from||Blackpool North and Fleetwood|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
Blackpool North and Cleveleys ('blakpuːl nɔrθ and kliːv'lɪz) is a constituency represented in the House of Commons of the UK Parliament since its creation in 2010 by Paul Maynard of the Conservative Party.
The Borough of Blackpool wards of Anchorsholme, Bispham, Claremont, Greenlands, Ingthorpe, Layton, Norbreck, Park, and Warbreck, and the Borough of Wyre wards of Bourne, Cleveleys Park, Jubilee, and Victoria.
The twin Wyre communities of Thornton and Cleveleys are now split between two constituencies. Cleveleys is the closer of the two to the Blackpool border, and encroaches on near neighbour Poulton-le-Fylde, which moves to Wyre and Preston North.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Sue Close||948||2.4||-10.9|
|Liberal Democrat||Bill Greene||5,400||13.3||-0.4|
|Monster Raving Loony||Tony Davies||198||0.5||+0.5|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing||+6.9|
Notes and References
- "Blackpool North and Cleveleys: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 3)
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Blackpool North & Cleveleys". BBC News Online. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Election 2010 - Blackpool North & Cleveleys BBC News
- nomis Constituency Profile for Blackpool North and Cleveleys, presenting data from the ONS annual population survey and other official statistics