Black Rose Rollers
|Metro area||Hanover, PA|
All Stars (A team)|
The Rotten Cherries (B team)
|Venue||Magic Elm Skateland|
The Black Rose Rollers (BRR) is a roller derby league based in Hanover, Pennsylvania. Founded in 2010, the league consists of two teams, the All-Stars and the Rotten Cherries, who compete against teams from other leagues.
The league was founded in May 2010 by a group of women, including Kim Underwood (known as "Gogo Tenenbomb"). They lacked skating experience, but were inspired by the movie Whip It. It played its first public bout in June 2011, against Harrisburg Area Roller Derby's Fallout Femmes, and was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in January 2012. They graduated to full membership of the WFTDA in December 2012.
- Katharine Harmon, "Roller derby comes to Hanover", Evening Sun, May 23, 2010
- Jacqueline Palochko, "That's how they roll", Evening Sun, June 19, 2011
- "13 Women's Roller Derby Leagues Join WFTDA Apprentice Program", WFTDA, 31 January 2012
- "WFTDA Welcomes 14 New Members", 3 December 2012
- Chelsea Shank, "Roller derby team fights for boy with leukemia Archived December 8, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.", York Dispatch, December 3, 2012