|Genres||Rock and roll|
Jens Feldhaus (since 2012)|
Julian Wiethoff (since 1992)
Torsten Leyhausen (since 1992)
Zlatko Tudja (1992 - 2001)|
Andy Tudja (1992 - 2003)
Jan Ferres (2003–2007)
Marcus Lazzari (2007–2011)
Black Raven is a German band from Düsseldorf. Their music can be classified as rock and roll, more precisely as rockabilly or as Teddy boy style rock and roll. The name is taken from a rock and roll bar of the same name in London, England in the 1970s.
The band started up in 1992 and was established by Julian Wiethoff (voice, guitar), Zlatko Tudja (voice, guitar), Andy Tudja (percussion) and Torsten Leyhausen (bass). Their first performance was in Neuss in 1993.
It is regarded as the first internationally successful so-called Teddy Boy / Revival-Rock'n'Roll-band to come from Germany. In 1995, only three years after they came together, they had their first international performances in England, the mother-country of the Rock'n'Roll revival movement of the late 1970s and early 1980s. Notable at this time were their gigs at the Teddy-Boy-Weekender in Great Yarmouth and at the Blackpool-Rock’n’Roll-Weekender.
A highpoint of their German career was when they took part in the 2004 Jägermeister-Rockliga – a competition in which eighteen bands took part. Black Raven got third place, and as a result were invited to perform in the 2005 Rock am Ring alongside Iron Maiden, Green Day, R.E.M., Mötley Crüe, Sonic Youth, The Hives, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Mando Diao as well as Die Toten Hosen, a contemporaneous band from their home city of Düsseldorf.
- Rock’n’Roll (EP, 1994)
- Raven's Break Up (LP, 1995)
- Fool's Paradise (EP, 1998)
- No Way To Stop Me - I'm On Rock’n’Roll (LP/CD, 2001)
- She's A Rocket (EP, 2004)
- Rock In Threes! (LP/CD, 2008)
- "Black Raven". Wikipedia (in German). 2016-03-09.
- "Black Raven - Rock in Threes! CD Album". Cduniverse.com. 2010-07-13. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Black Raven | Band (Düsseldorf)". regioactive.de. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "History - Rock am Ring 2014 - Offizielle Festival Homepage". Rock-am-ring.com. 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "Black Raven". Blackraven.de. Retrieved 2014-08-19.