Birkenhead Sixth Form College
College logo since 2013
|Type||Sixth form college|
|Deputy principal||Mike Kilbride|
Park Road West, Claughton Village, Birkenhead, CH43 8SQ|
The Sixth Form College, Birkenhead is a Centre of Academic Excellence for sixth form studies and is the number one sixth form choice for young people in Wirral. It is Wirral’s specialist Sixth Form College and is one of just 94 specialist sixth form colleges across England. It is also the only sixth form college in Wirral with teachers that are specialists in A-Level provision.
The college specialises in A Level, BTEC, CACHE and GCSE education for 16- to 19-year-olds across Wirral. The college offers the widest range of A Level programmes in the Wirral area which can be studied in any combination.
The Sixth Form College is located in Claughton Village next to Birkenhead Park approximately one mile from the centre of Birkenhead. Birkenhead is in Wirral within the county of Merseyside. The college is easily reached by road and rail, Birkenhead Park railway station is situated nearby and a variety of local bus routes serve the area.
- New School of Art and Design
- New Humanities building
- New Science Laboratories
- New Learning Support area
- New Reception and frontage
The refurbishment was led by former student of The Sixth Form College, Rachel Clegg who is now a practising Architect.
Celebrating 25 Years
- "The Sixth Form College - Birkenhead, Wirral". Bsfc.ac.uk. 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Birkenhead Sixth Form College". sixthformcolleges.org. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "25th Anniversary Gala Celebration | The Sixth Form College - Birkenhead, Wirral". Bsfc.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-10-09.