|Motto||Profit for good|
|Legal status||A company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales|
|Headquarters||Euro House, 22 Apex Court, Woodlands, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JT, United Kingdom|
|Society for Endocrinology|
Established in 1996, Bioscientifica Ltd is the commercial subsidiary of the Society for Endocrinology, and provides publishing, events, and association management services to biomedical societies, and to the pharmaceutical industry. Although the company generates profits, these are redistributed to Bioscientifica's partner societies to fund biomedical research and practice.
Bioscientifica publishes academic journals and case reports focused on endocrinology, and its intersecting disciplines. The company also publishes free-to-read conference abstracts via its BiosciAbstracts platform. According to the 2015 Journal Citation Reports, five of Bioscientifica’s publications have an impact factor: Endocrine-Related Cancer, Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, European Journal of Endocrinology, and Reproduction (journal). In June 2016, one of Bioscientifica's open access journals, Endocrine Connections, became indexed in Thomson Reuters’ Science Citation Index Expanded. This journal will receive its first impact factor in 2017.
Bioscientifica was an early proponent of open access. In February 2012, the company was among the first 24 publishers to sign the STM Association’s Sustainable Open Access Statement. Bioscientifica currently publishes three open access journals, supports gold open access publication in its subscription journals, and makes all journal content free to read online 12 months after publication.
As part of its charitable remit, Bioscientifica participates in the HINARI programme, through which the publisher provides free access to its journals in developing countries.
Bioscientifica currently provides Association Management and secretariat services to the following societies:
- British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- European Society of Endocrinology
- European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology
- UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
Bioscientifica manages academic conferences for biomedical societies. Their event services include:
- Scientific and social programme management
- Accommodation management
- Abstract management and publication
- Event marketing and press
- Conference websites and mobile apps
- Coordination of grants and awards
- Liaison with CPD accreditors
- Sponsorship and exhibition sales
- Budget management and bookkeeping
Several of the events managed by Bioscientifica have won industry awards. Recent awards include:
- 2015: 'Best Association Conference Outside London' at the Association Excellence Awards.
- 2013: 'Best Association Conference' prize at the fourth Annual Conference Awards
Bioscientifica is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Association of British Professional Conference Organisers
- Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers
- Committee on Publication Ethics
- Independent Scholarly Publishers Group
- International Association of Scientific, Technical, and Medical Publishers
- International Congress and Convention Association
- "Bioscientifica Listing on Open Company". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Bioscientifica Website". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Bioscientifica Profit Distribution" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-03-02.
- "BiosciAbstracts". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- "Endocrine Connections - SCIE indexing". Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "STM Statement on Sustainable Open Access". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "STM Association". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "HINARI Partner List". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Bioscientifica Client List". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "Bioscientifica event services". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "Association Excellence Awards - 2015 Winners". Retrieved 2015-03-02.
- "Conference Awards - 2013 Winners". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "ABPCOMember List". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "ALPSP Member List". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "COPE". Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- "ISPG". Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "STM Association Member List". Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "ICCA Membership Directory". Retrieved 2016-02-21.