Location in Nepal
|Coordinates: 28°02′N 84°26′E / 28.03°N 84.44°ECoordinates: 28°02′N 84°26′E / 28.03°N 84.44°E|
|• Total||73.25 km2 (28.28 sq mi)|
|• Density||250/km2 (650/sq mi)|
|Time zone||NST (UTC+5:45)|
Bhanu is a municipality of Tanahun District in Gandaki Zone of western Nepal. The municipality was established on 19 September 2015 by merging the existing Bhanu village development committees(VDCs) and Barbhanjyang village development committees (VDCs). The center of the municipality is establish in former VDC Office of Bhanu. After merging the two VDCs population it had a total population of 18,249 according to 2011 Nepal census. After the government decision the number of municipalities has reached 217 in Nepal. Famous Nepali poet Bhanubhakta Acharya was born in Bhanu Municipality .The place is named after him as Bhanu Municipality .
- "Govt declares 26 new municipalities". EKantipur. 19 September 2015.
- "26 new Municipalities announced". The Rising Nepal. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "Govt announces 26 municipalities" (PDF). The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- Central Bureau of Statistics of Nepal: National Population and Housing Census 2011 Archived January 24, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Govt adds 26 municipalities, 1 sub metropolis". Setopati. Retrieved 18 September 2015.