|Coordinates: 17°40′N 80°53′E / 17.67°N 80.88°ECoordinates: 17°40′N 80°53′E / 17.67°N 80.88°E|
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|• Total||12.00 km2 (4.63 sq mi)|
|Elevation||50 m (160 ft)|
|• Density||7,121/km2 (18,440/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||1:1 ♂/♀|
|Distance from Kothagudem||36 kilometres (22 mi)|
|Distance from Hyderabad||325 kilometres (202 mi)|
Bhadrachalam is a census town in Bhadradri District of the Indian state of Telangana. It is an important Hindu pilgrimage town with an existence of the Bhadrachalam Temple of Lord Rama, situated on the banks of Godavari river. It is located 312 kilometres (194 mi) east of state capital, Hyderabad.
Bhadrachalam is located at 17°40′N 80°53′E / 17.67°N 80.88°E. It has an average elevation of 50 metres (164 feet).
As of 2008 India census, Bhadrachalam had a population of 55,352. As of 2001, Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Bhadrachalam has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "District Census Handbook - Khammam" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & CensusCommissioner. pp. 14, 40. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- ":: Welcome to Bhadrachala Sree Seetha Ramachandra swamy temple ::". bhadrachalarama.org.
- "Bhadrachalam, India Page". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "BDCR/Bhadrachalam Road (3 PFs) Map/Atlas – India Rail Info". India Rail Info.