Bernice Resnick Sandler (born 1928) is an American women's rights activist. Instrumental in the creation of Title IX, a portion of the Education Amendments of 1972, she was called "the godmother of Title IX" by the New York Times. She has written extensively about sexual and peer harassment towards women on campus, coining the terms "gang rape" and "the chilly campus climate". She was inducted into the Maryland Women's Hall of Fame in 2010, and the National Women's Hall of Fame in 2013. Some of her papers are held in the Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America, at Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University.
- Student-to-Student Sexual Harassment K-12: Strategies and Solutions for Educators to Use in the Classroom, School, and Community, with Harriet M. Stonehill (2005). Rowman & Littlefield Education, ISBN 1578862612
- "10 Ways Expert Witnesses Can be Used in Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Cases" (1997)
- Sexual Harassment on Campus: A Guide for Administrators, Faculty and Students, editor with Robert J. Shoop (1996). Allyn and Bacon, ISBN 0205167128.
- The Chilly Classroom Climate: A Guide to Improve the Education of Women, with others (1996). National Assn. for Women in Education.
- Educator's guide to controlling sexual harassment, with Michele Antoinette Paludi (1993). Thompson Pub. Group.
- Success and survival strategies for women faculty members (1992). Association of American Colleges.
- Teaching faculty members to be better teachers : a guide to equitable and effective classroom techniques, with Ellen Hoffman (1992). Association of American Colleges.
- "Bernice Resnick Sandler ISNI record". Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "The Real Story Behind the Passage of Title IX 35 Years Ago". Women in Higher Education.
- "Maryland Women's Hall of Fame". Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Bernice Resnick Sandler". National Women's Hall of Fame. 2011. Archived from the original on November 13, 2014. Retrieved 2015-04-09.
- Sandler, Bernice Resnick. Papers of Bernice Resnick Sandler, 1963-2008: A Finding Aid
- Schlesinger Library | Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University
- "Rise of the Wahine Documentary Film".
- Kiernan, Denise (2001). "The little law that could". Ms. 11.2. pp. 18–25. - History of Title IX and Sandler's involvement
- Sandler, Bernice Resnick (2007). "Title IX: How We Got It and What a Difference it Made". Cleveland State Law Review. 55 (4). pp. 473–489.
- "We've Come a Long Way, Baby, but not far enough: Progress and Problems of Women in Higher Education" on YouTube, 2013 lecture by Sandler
- Papers of Bernice Resnick Sandler, 1963-2008. Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University.