Bernd Jürgen Fischer
|Bernd Jürgen Fischer|
|Native name||Bernd Jürgen Fischer|
January 27, 1952|
|Alma mater||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Main interests||history of Albania|
Bernd Jürgen Fischer (born 27 January 1952) is historian and professor of history at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. He received his Ph.D. in 1982 from the University of California, Santa Barbara. He was elected to the Albanian Academy of Science in 2006 and in 2007, he was appointed to position of special advisor to the Albanian Royal Court.
- King Zog and the struggle for stability in Albania. 1984 by East European Monographs
- Albania at war, 1939-1945, West Lafayette, Ind.: Purdue University Press, 1999, ISBN 9780585063881, OCLC 42922446
- "Kollaborationsregime in Albanien, 1939-1944" in Europe unterm Hakenkreuz- Okkupation und Kollaboration, 1938-1945.
- Balkan Strongmen: Dictators and Authoritarian Rulers of Southeast Europe, Published November 2006 by C Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Albanian Identities: Myth and History, coauthor with Stephanie Schwandner-Sievers, Published September 30, 2002 by Indiana University Press
- Elsie 2010, p. 137.
- Alberson, Laurel (13 April 2010). "IPFW DISTINGUISHED LECTURER SERIES PRESENTS "ALBANIAN AUTHORITARIAN LEADERS: HAVE WE SEEN THE LAST OF THEM?"". USA: The Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW). Retrieved November 24, 2010.
In 2006, Fischer was elected to the Albanian Academy of Science, the country’s most prestigious intellectual and scientific institution. In 2007, he became a special advisor to the Albanian Royal Court,
- Elsie, Robert (19 March 2010). Historical Dictionary of Albania. Scarecrow Press. ISBN 978-0-8108-7380-3.