He is also noted for his recordings of the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Roberts' recording of the Well-Tempered Clavier, Books 1 and 2, performed on piano, was released in 1999 by Nimbus Records and was well received. Roberts also has recorded Bach's Six Partitas, BWV 825-30, and his French Suites, BWV 812-17. In collaboration with other performers, Roberts released discs of music for one and two pianos by Paul Hindemith and of trios by Frank Bridge.
- Bernard Roberts - Obituary
- Performing Music in the Age of Recording. p. 46.
- Bernard Roberts' official page, courtesy of his representative
- Chetham's School of Music page on Bernard Roberts
- Review of Roberts' "Well-Tempered Clavier" recording at The J.S. Bach Home Page
- Review of Roberts' recording of Bach's Partitas at bach-cantatas.com