Photo by Amrei-Marie, 2009
9 January 1982|
Freiburg, West Germany
Benjamin Lebert (born 9 January 1982) is a German writer. He was born in Freiburg. His first novel Crazy, was published when Lebert was only 16 years old. The international bestseller about a handicapped teenage rebel has been licensed to 33 nations and was made into a feature film by Hans-Christian Schmid (see here), and has drawn comparisons to Jerome Salinger's Catcher in the Rye. In 2003, Lebert published a second novel, Der Vogel ist ein Rabe (The Bird Is a Raven).
Bibliography in English
- Crazy (2000), translated by Carol Brown Janeway. – New York : Knopf – 177p. ISBN 0-375-40913-0
- The Bird Is a Raven (2005), ISBN 1-4000-4284-4
- Kannst du (2006)
- Der Flug der Pelikane (2009)
- Im Winter dein Herz (2012), ISBN 978-3-455-40360-2
- Jeremy Fisher. "Review about Benjamin Lebert: Crazy". Goethe-Institut Australien. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Shades of Holden Caulfield in the wicked city, on the lam from Pencey Prep". Kirkus' Reviews. 21 April 2000. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Flug der Pelikane (Pelicans in Flight)". New Books in German Journal. 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2012.