Exterior of arena
MasterCard Center (2011–15)|
Wukesong Culture & Sports Center (2008–11, 2022)
|Owner||Bloomage International Investment Group|
18,000 for basketball14,000 for hockey
|Broke ground||29 March 2005|
|Opened||11 January 2008|
|Closed||October 2008 – November 2009|
Chinese Olympic Committee|
2008 Summer Olympics
2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup
2022 Winter Olympics
HC Kunlun Red Star
The LeSports Center (simplified Chinese: 乐视体育生态中心; traditional Chinese: 樂視體育生態中心), originally Beijing Wukesong Culture & Sports Center (simplified Chinese: 五棵松体育馆; traditional Chinese: 五棵松體育館) and Beijing Olympic Basketball Arena, is an indoor arena for the 2008 Summer Olympics basketball preliminaries and finals. Ground was broken on 29 March 2005 and construction was completed on 11 January 2008. The stadium has a capacity of 18,000 and covers an area of 63,000 square metres. It was scaled back from its original design due to a 43% budget cut.
The stadium was constructed by "Beijing Wukesong Cultural & Sports Co. Ltd." whose five shareholders are Zhongguancun CENCONS Group, Haidian State-owned Assets Investment Co. Ltd, Beijing Urban Construction Group Co. Ltd, Beijing Urban Construction Co. Ltd and the Tianhong Group. After the Olympic Games, the center become an important part of Beijing's Olympic Games heritage, allowing citizens to enjoy cultural, sports, leisure, recreational and commercial activities. It was a large-scale comprehensive project rare in Beijing in integrating cultural, sporting functions and commercial purposes with large-scale gardens and green space.
On 6 January 2011 MasterCard Worldwide, the rival of Olympic sponsor Visa, announced the acquisition of the naming rights to the Center. It was renamed MasterCard Center effective from 21 January 2011.
On 14 December 2015 the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) announced that its Beijing hockey expansion team would play in the arena.
Two days later, on 16 December 2015, LeTV Sports announced that it has obtained naming rights for Beijing's iconic Wukesong Arena. It was officially renamed as LeSports Center on 1 January 2016. Beyond that, LeSports promised to provide a package of intellectual services inside the arena and out.
The Wukesong Baseball Field (simplified Chinese: 五棵松棒球场; traditional Chinese: 五棵松棒球場; pinyin: Wǔkēsōng Bàngqiúchǎng) was a baseball stadium located next to the Wukesong Indoor Stadium at the Wukesong Culture and Sports Centre in Beijing, China. It was one of the nine temporary venues at the 2008 Summer Olympics. It hosted baseball events.
The baseball field had a total land surface of 12,000 square metres and a capacity of 15,000. It included two competition fields and one training field.
In what was to be the final Olympic Baseball matches in the foreseeable future, as the International Olympic Committee voted-out the baseball event for the upcoming 2012 London Olympics and 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics in favor of golf and rugby sevens, Team USA clinched the bronze medal, while South Korea beat Cuba to claim the gold medal.
- Main building: construction materials, ventilation equipment, electrical equipment, water supply and drainage etc.
- Sports field: special wooden sports flooring
- Accessory equipment: stands seats, stand protection and lifting system, illumination, electronic displays, communication and broadcasting equipment, fire fighting equipment etc.
- An Information Age building: network system equipment, network technical equipment, network solutions, security system, database technologies and products.
- An Intelligent building: acoustical equipment, air conditioning, elevators, electronic monitoring, electronic fire-fighting systems, etc.
- Outdoor engineering: garden, afforestation and square tiles etc.
- Project Venue: The project is located at the intersection of the extended section of Chang'an Street and the West 4th Ring, adjacent to Wukesong Station on metro Line 1.
- Construction Scale: The planned construction area is about 350,000 square meters.
- Construction Schedule: Construction began in March 2005. The baseball field started in second half of the year 2005, completed in May 2007 and the stadium completed in August 2007.
LeSports Center is the biggest entertainment venue in Beijing, with many international, regional and local artists having staged their performance at the venue that spans a wide range of musical genres. International artists are highlighted using light blue in the table while non-concert entertainment events are also included.
|A list of entertainment events held at the LeSports Center|
|2008||October 6||Canada||Avril Lavigne（艾薇儿·拉维尼）||The Best Damn World Tour|
|November 1||United States||Kanye West（坎耶·维斯特）||Glow in the Dark Tour（"暗中发亮"世界巡回演唱会）|
|2009||October 23||United States||Beyoncé （碧昂斯）||I Am... World Tour（"我是..."世界巡回演唱会）|
|2010||January 23||South Korea||Super Junior||2nd Asia Tour – "Super Show 2"|
|March 14||United States||Backstreet Boys（后街男孩）||This Is Us Tour|
|July 11||United States||Usher （亚瑟小子）||OMG Tour|
|2011||January 21||Hong Kong||Jacky Cheung（张学友）||Jacky Cheung 1/2 Century Tour（张学友1/2世纪演唱会北京站）|
|March 12||United States||Eagles （老鹰乐队）||Long Road Out of Eden Tour（“”远离伊甸园“世界巡回演唱会）|
|March 26||South Korea||Rain||2011 Rain Asia Tour（The Best环保演唱会）|
|May 7||N/A||The Girls Collection（TGC 时尚盛典）|
|May 13||Glorious Days - Pantheon Rock "n" Roll World Tour Concert（光辉岁月 — 殿堂级中国摇滚世界巡回演唱会）|
|May 21||China||Dao Lang（刀郎）||de Show Beel Live in Concert 2011（刀郎2011巡回演唱会北京站）|
|May 27||Hong Kong||Aaron Kwok（郭富城）||郭富城武林正传世界巡回演唱会|
|June 3||Taiwan|| Chyi Yu（齐豫）
|June 18||N/A|| Wakin Chau（周华健）
|July 16||Taiwan||Elva Hsiao（萧亚轩）||E!VA萧亚轩WOW世界巡回演唱会-北京站|
|September 25||Ireland||Westlife （西域男孩）||Gravity Tour|
|2012||February 14||Canada||Avril Lavigne （艾薇儿·拉维尼）||Black Star Tour|
|February 22||Ireland||Westlife （西域男孩）||Greatest Hits Tour|
|March 12||Sweden||Roxette （罗克塞特）||Charm School World Tour|
|April 6||Canada||Sum 41 (魔数41乐队)||Screaming Bloody Murder Tour|
|July 7||South Korea||Shinhwa （神话组合）||Grand Tour: The Return|
|August 8||South Korea||BIGBANG||Alive Tour|
|November 25||United Kingdom||Elton John (艾尔顿·约翰)||40th Anniversary of the Rocket Man Tour|
|2013||March 24||Canada||Simple Plan（简单计划）||Get Your Hearts On Tour|
|May 4||South Korea||G-Dragon||G-Dragon 2013 1st World Tour|
|May 25||United States||Backstreet Boys （后街男孩）||In a World Like This Tour|
|June 28||United Kingdom||Sarah Brightman（萨拉·布莱曼）||Dreamchaser World Tour|
|July 20||Shinhwa （神话组合）||South Korea||Grand Tour: The Classic|
|August 9||N/A||Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour|
|August 22||United Kingdom||Pet Shop Boys（宠物男孩）||Electric Tour|
|September 29||Canada||Justin Bieber （贾斯丁·比伯）||Believe Tour（"相信"世界巡回演唱会）|
|October 1||United States||The Killers （杀手乐队）||Battle Born World Tour|
|2014||February 4||United Kingdom||James Blunt（詹姆斯·布朗特）||Moon Landing Tour|
|March 2||Canada||Avril Lavigne （艾薇儿·拉维尼）||The Avril Lavigne Tour （"艾薇儿·拉维尼"世界巡回演唱会）|
|April 5||United States||Bruno Mars （布鲁诺·马尔斯）||Moonshine Jungle Tour（"月光丛林"世界巡回演唱会）|
|April 19||South Korea||2NE1||AON: All Or Nothing World Tour|
|May 16||Hong Kong||G.E.M.（邓紫棋）||G.E.M. X.X.X. LIVE 世界巡回演唱会北京站|
|May 30||China||Wanting Qu（曲婉婷）||2014曲婉婷say the words 我为你歌唱 中国巡回演唱会|
|July 18||Taiwan||Jeff Chang（张信哲）||"华素 还爱光年" 世界巡回演唱会|
|August 2||Taiwan||S.H.E.||2GETHER 4EVER 世界巡回演唱会|
|August 3||Taiwan||Mayday（五月天）||Just Love It 拥抱演唱会|
|September 6||China||Hua Chenyu（华晨宇）||华晨宇火星演唱会|
|September 13||Singapore||Yida Huang（黄义达）||黄义达十周年纪念演唱会|
|September 20|| China
|EXO||Exo from Exoplanet #1 – The Lost Planet|
|October 25||China||Yang Kun（杨坤）||杨坤"今夜20岁"北京演唱会|
|November 22||South Korea||Super Junior||Super Show 6|
|2015||January 14||N/A||Golden Disk Awards|
|April 1||United States||Pitbull||2015 World Tour|
|April 18||United States||Backstreet Boys||In a World Like This Tour|
|June 6||South Korea||BIGBANG||MADE 2015 World Tour|
|June 13||China||Bibi Zhou（周笔畅）||BOOM!周笔畅2015巡回演唱会 北京站|
|July 18|| China
|Exo||Exo Planet #2 – The Exo'luxion|
|September 19||United Kingdom||Muse（慕斯乐队）||Drones World Tour|
|2016||April 24||United Kingdom||Iron Maiden（铁娘子乐队）||The Book of Souls World Tour（"灵魂之书"世界巡回演唱会）|
|July 2||China||Hua Chenyu（华晨宇）||Mars Concert Season 3|
|July 8||Taiwan||Jay Chou （周杰伦）||The Invisible Show Tour （"地表最强"世界巡回演唱会）|
|July 16||South Korea||BIGBANG||Made V.I.P Tour|
|September 24||Hong Kong||Wallace Chung||Sing For Live 乐作人生巡回演唱会|
|October 6||United States||Kesha||Kesha and the Creepies: Fuck the World Tour|
|2008||October 17||NBA Global Games: Golden State Warriors vs. Milwaukee Bucks|
|2009||October 11||NBA Global Games: Indiana Pacers vs. Denver Nuggets|
|2010||October 13||NBA Global Games: Houston Rockets vs. New Jersey Nets|
|2012||October 11||NBA Global Games: Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Clippers|
|2013||October 15||NBA Global Games: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Lakers|
|2014||October 15||NBA Global Games: Brooklyn Nets vs. Sacramento Kings|
|November 25||M-1 Challenge 53 – Battle in the Celestial Empire|
|2019||TBA||2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup: Several matches, including the final|
- "LeTV Sports to Name Beijing Wukesong Arena". CRIENGLISH.com. 18 December 2015.
- "Castro blasts Olympics for dropping baseball - Beijing Olympics - NBCNews.com". MSNBC. 16 July 2008.
- "Photos: ROK glitters on diamond – The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games". En.beijing2008.cn.
- Demick, Barbara (22 February 2009). "Beijing's Olympic building boom becomes a bust". Los Angeles Times.
- "Chinadaily". Chinadaily.
- Kang, Seung-hun (26 January 2010). "Super Junior wraps up concert in Beijing". Asiae. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "2012 Shinhwa Grand Tour: The Return 신화 아시아 투어 콘서트 일정" Shinhwa Company. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-13 (Korean)
- 神话备战北京演唱会 娱乐综艺"让道". Sina (in Chinese). 4 June 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (22 July 2013). "Shinhwa Burns Up the Night in Beijing and Wraps Up Asia Tour". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "NBA.com: NBA Global Games 2013: History of NBA Global Games". NBA.com. NBA. Retrieved 1 November 2014.