Peking Review front page from 13 October 1959
|Political alignment||Communist Party of China|
|Language||English, Japanese, French, German and Chinese|
Beijing Review (Chinese: 北京周報; pinyin: běi jīng zhōu bào) is China's only national news magazine in English, published by the China International Publishing Group. It claims a per-issue circulation of 70,000 and distribution "throughout China and 150 countries and regions worldwide."
Founded in March 1958 as the weekly Peking Review, it was an important tool for the People's Republic of China government to communicate to the rest of world. The first issue included an editor's note explaining that the magazine was meant to "provide timely, accurate, first-hand information on economic, political and cultural developments in China, and her relations with the rest of the world."
- "About BEIJING REVIEW". Archived from the original on 26 October 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Beijing Review: Introduction". Beijing Review.com. 20 December 2006. Archived from the original on 26 October 2010. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- Europa World Year. Taylor & Francis Group. 2004. p. 1142. ISBN 978-1-85743-254-1. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Peking Review" (PDF). Marxists. 4 March 1958. Archived (PDF) from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- Beijing Review web site
- Collection of historical issues of Peking Review
- China International Publishing Group