Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
|"Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)"|
|Single by Deftones|
|from the album Around the Fur|
|Released||March 9, 1998|
|Recorded||Studio Litho in Seattle, Washington|
|Writer(s)||Stephen Carpenter, Chi Cheng, Abe Cunningham, Chino Moreno|
|Deftones singles chronology|
"Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)" is the second single released from the American alternative metal band Deftones' second album, Around the Fur. It was their first single to chart on the US charts, peaking at No. 29 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, and in the 50th spot in the UK Singles Chart. Although it was a more modest hit than the follow-up, "Change (In the House of Flies)", it was included in the game Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX, released in 2000. An acoustic version appeared on the soundtrack to the film Little Nicky. This version, which featured Adam Sandler, the star of the movie, as well as Jonah Matranga of Far, was also included on the Deftones' B-Sides & Rarities album.
A video was filmed to accompany the single's release, directed by Frank W. Ockenfels III.
Stylistically, the song was described as alternative metal and shoegaze.
All tracks written by Deftones.
- "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)" – 5:08
- "Engine No. 9" (Live) – 3:49
- "Teething" (Live) – 3:34
- "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)" – 5:10
- "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) (Remix)" [acoustic] – 4:33
- "Birthmark (Live)" – 3:58
- All live tracks recorded live at the Melkweg, Amsterdam on October 13, 1997.
In popular culture
The song was featured in the game Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX as a background music track.
- "Billboard.com - Artist Chart History — Deftones: Singles". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "UK Singles Top 75 - Music Charts". Navigate to appropriate week. acharts.us. Archived from the original on 25 December 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- B-Sides & Rarities liner notes.
- Prato, Greg. "Deftones". Allmusic. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- Jarman, Casey (April 12, 2011). "Primer: Deftones". Willamette Week. Retrieved April 13, 2016.