Bayerische Theaterakademie August Everding
The Bayerische Theaterakademie August Everding (English: Bavarian Theater Academy August Everding) at the Prinzregententheater in Munich, was founded by August Everding in 1993. Since September 2014, the Academy has been directed by Hans-Jürgen Drescher. The academy offers theatrical students nine different programs and through the cooperation of three professionally equipped theaters (Prinzregententheater, Akademietheater, and Akademiestudio), it is the largest training center for stage professions in Germany.
In this theater for teaching and learning combinations of both theoretical and practical methods make up the courses for acting, directing, singing/musical theater, musicals, drama, stage presence and costume design, makeup and theater, film and television criticism. The students complete their studies, depending on the various courses, with a Bachelor or Diploma.
Cooperation partners are the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München, the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, the Academy of Fine Arts, Munich, and University of Television and Film Munich in which students are enrolled depending on the course.
Moreover, there are production partnerships with the three state theaters in Munich (Residenz Theatre, Bavarian State Opera, and Staatstheater am Gärtnerplatz), the Bayerischer Rundfunk, the Munich Radio Orchestra, the Munich Chamber Orchestra, the Neue Hofkapelle München and Bavarian, national and international theaters and festivals.
On average, the students participate in over 50 productions per academic year. Tickets for performances are available through the central ticket office of the Bavarian state theaters.
Support and funding
When the Prinzregententheater is not being used for its own productions, the Theaterakademie rents the building to cooperation partners and Munich concert promoters. The income from renting finances about 12 percent of the academy’s total budget. Supporter of the Bayerische Theaterakademie August Everding is the Free State of Bavaria, represented by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education.
- August Everding (1993-1999)
- Klaus Schultz (acting, 1999)
- Peter Ruzicka (1999-2000)
- Hellmuth Matiasek (2000-2003)
- Christoph Albrecht (2003-2006)
- Klaus Zehelein (2006-2014)
- Hans-Jürgen Drescher (2014-)
- Georg Etscheit (6 November 2008). "Eine Oper in sechs Semestern" (in German). ZEIT ONLINE. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- Robert Braunmüller (4 December 2014). "Interview mit dem neuen Präsidenten Hans-Jürgen Dresche" (in German). Abendzeitung. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- "Die teilnehmenden Hochschulen". theatertreffen.com. Retrieved 30 July 2015.