Basilian Aleppian Order
The Basilian Alepian Order is a religious order of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church. The Latin name of this order is Ordo Basilianus Aleppensis Melkitarum, the French name is Ordre Basilien Alepin, the abbreviation used after the name is B.A.
The order was founded in 1697 in Dhour El Shuwayr by Aleppine monks who arrived from the area of Aleppo to follow the rule of Saint Basil. It was approved in 1710. Between 1824 and 1832 the order split from the main congregation; the Basilian Chouerite Order.
The female branch of the order; the congregation of Basilian Alepian Sisters was founded in 1740.
Maronite Religious Institutes (Orders)
Melkite Religious Institutes (Orders)
- Cheney, David M. "Ordre Basilien Alépin (Institute of Consecrated Life) [Catholic-Hierarchy]". www.catholic-hierarchy.org. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Basilian Alepian Order, B.A.". www.gcatholic.org. Retrieved 2016-07-31.