|Private limited company|
|Founder||Chris Edwards Sr.|
|Products||Grocery, General merchandise|
Bargain Buys is a Yorkshire-based chain of discount stores operating across the United Kingdom. The chain was launched in 2013 by Chris Edwards Sr. and Chris Edwards Jr., the founders of the single-price chain, Poundworld. The company has its headquarters in Normanton.
Bargain Buys' first store was opened in Walsall in November 2013. Edwards and Edwards launched the multi-price chain to complement their single-price chain. Bargain Buys is the result of rebranding existing Discount UK (Discount NI in Northern Ireland) stores, initially launched in 2010. The name and branding was changed to allow the chain to compete more closely with its rivals in the market, and to exploit the expanded product range and knowledge that the business had built up.
As of 2015, the chain had 41 stores across the United Kingdom . The company intended to expand rapidly, with plans to double the number of stores by 2016, and to open an additional 100 stores by 2018. In April 2015 it launched an online store in a bid to expand its customer base.
The chain stocks over 8,000 products over 25 departments, including groceries, home living and cleaning to toys, electricals and pet care. It sells leading household brands including Coca-Cola, L'Oréal, Fairy and Gillette.
- "About Us". Poundworld Retail Ltd. 2015. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015.
- "New bargain store set to open in King's Lynn shopping district". Johnston Press. 2015.
- "Now townsfolk will be quids in with new Bargain Buys store". LocalWorld. 2013.
- "Bargain Buys is new fascia name for Poundworld's 35 DiscountUK multi-price stores". William Reed Business Media. 2013.
- "Poundworld launches new Bargain Buys fascia". The Retail Bulletin Events Ltd. 2013.
- "bargain buys bagging 100 new retail jobs for the north east". Employment4Students.co.uk Ltd. 2015.
- "Timeline Photos". Facebook. 2015.
- "Bargain Buys to open a store in Middlesbrough shopping centre creating 20 new jobs". Trinity Mirror. 2015.
- "Poundworld sold to US firm for £150m - bbc.co.uk p.15 May 2015". Retrieved 16 May 2015.