|Member of the Washington Senate|
from the 10th district
Assumed office |
January 14, 2013
Barbara Bailey is an American politician of the Republican Party. She is a member of the Washington Senate, representing the 10th district. She previously represented the 10th district in the Washington House of Representatives.
Bailey was first elected to the Washington State House of Representative in 2002.
While serving in the House, Bailey received the following awards:
- The Cornerstone Award, Association of Washington Business – 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Washington State Residential Care Council, Legislator of the Year Award – 2011
- Legislator of the Year, Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs – 2009
- LEOFF 1 Coalition, Appreciation Award for support of Washington State’s Law Enforcement and Fire Fighter’s Pension Plan – 2009
- Joint Government Affairs Committee of the Everett Area, South Snohomish County and Monroe Chambers of Commerce, Business Champion – 2008
- Washington Economic Development Association, L.E.A.D.E.R. Award – 2007
- Hospitality Hero Award, Washington State Hotel and Lodging Association – 2007
- Legislative Excellence Award, Washington State School Retirees’ Association – 2006
- Outstanding Legislator of the Year, National Federation of Independent Business – 2004
Bailey serves on the following committees:
- Chair, Higher Education Committee
- Health Care
- Ways & Means
- Veterans and Military Affairs Joint Committee.
Bailey holds a B.S. degree in psychology from the State University of New York. She also is a Certified Marketing Executive and Certified Hotel Administrator.
Prior to her work in the Legislature, Senator Bailey served as a member on the Oak Harbor Comprehensive Planning Task Force, Island County 2 Percent Lodging Tax Advisory Committee and the Island County Joint Committee on Tourism.
Senator Bailey lives in Oak Harbor with her husband, Butch Bailey (Capt., USN, Ret.), who teaches NJROTC in the Burlington-Edison School System. They have four grown children and nine grandchildren.